Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> Walleye Tackle and Equipment -> Electronic Upgrade Advise Please!

Message Subject: Electronic Upgrade Advise Please!
BackH2O
Posted 3/23/2018 3:27 AM (#116510)
Subject: Electronic Upgrade Advise Please!

New User

In need of a an upgrade and focused on Humminbird Helix models. Money is a factor but want to be happy with the purchase. Predominately walleye and crappie fishing in northern Wisconsin inland lakes/Mississippi River and at the moment out of a 16' flat bottom boat. I'm getting it narrowed down but would like some advise or tips from some folks who have experience with the technology out there.

I am fixed on Side imaging unit with GPS (the whole package i guess). My questions lie in the different generation models. Am i going to regret getting a gen1 unit vs gen2 or G2N? screen size? not having CHIRP? high definition? I would really like the AutoChart live function for mapping some of these little hidden GEM lakes. I would like to have the function of ipilot LINK for a new MinnKota down the road as well. I just want to be able to locate more structure to find more fish. More catching than fishing you could say. And really a big deal for me to translate structure into icefishing.
Thanks in advance for any help!!

- Clayton
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)