Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Regional Walleye Fishing -> Winnebago Walleyes -> A Question

Message Subject: A Question
huntgamefish
Posted 6/29/2014 11:58 PM (#112022)
Subject: A Question

Hello to everyone! Is anyone getting a few Crappies while working for Walleyes near the reefs and in the mud?

jtech
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dale
Posted 6/30/2014 6:56 AM (#112025 - in reply to #112022)
Subject: Re: A Question

We've caught several while trolling this year. Pretty big ones too. Some in the mud and some shallower.
huntgamefish
Posted 6/30/2014 7:30 AM (#112026 - in reply to #112022)

Thanks Dale for letting me know. I have gotten a few of them too, but, only while trolling. Wasn't sure if it was just me? I can't what to see if I also hook a few while jigging a crawler. Nice to come in to the landing with a mix bag of fish. Good luck fishing.

jtech

DubjaDubja
Posted 7/1/2014 9:55 AM (#112037 - in reply to #112022)
Subject: RE: A Question

New User

I have caught several Crappies while jigging for eyes. They generally come on the steep drop over the mud before you hit the rise of the reef. If they are there you should be able to mark them on your locator. Good luck!
huntgamefish
Posted 7/1/2014 10:23 AM (#112038 - in reply to #112037)
Subject: RE: A Question

Thank you! Back to the grind.

jtech
huntgamefish
Posted 7/6/2014 12:19 PM (#112045 - in reply to #112022)

Now I have been catching several smaller size walleyes while fishing for the eater size. They also like hitting the #7 flicker shads and shad raps while trolling; but most of them like the live bait setups. Very good to see that the lake has a variety of fish ages swimming out there.

jtech
huntgamefish
Posted 7/15/2014 6:59 AM (#112161 - in reply to #112022)

Now I notice less crappies, but more small walleyes lately. Think of the pounds of bait fish and insects that feed these hungry mouths! Has anyone caught a big walleye or northern this season that had one of these little buggers in its stomach?

jtech
huntgamefish
Posted 8/8/2014 8:06 AM (#112452 - in reply to #112022)

I haven't picked up any crappies while fishing for eyes lately, but the small walleyes on the reefs still insist on being fed. Low winds and clear skies made it tough out there. I should've went perching. The water temperature was 77 degrees yesterday and the algae wasn’t that bad at all. The north end is another story. I suppose since I posted this, I'll end up catching a crappie now! Also, I haven't picked up any ten pound walleyes either; hopefully now that I posted this, I'll catch one of those too! Wishful thinking on my part. Happy hunting!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Offshore Tackle

(Delete all cookies set by this site)