Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Sometimes When it rains it pours.

Message Subject: Sometimes When it rains it pours.
walleye express
Posted 10/21/2014 3:55 PM (#112661)
Subject: Sometimes When it rains it pours.

Or how to win prize money catching walleyes, without even being in the tournament.

On the first trip I took with my Detroit buddy on the 17th, he caught a 6 or 7 pounder on his second cast and it had a DNR tag in it's mouth. You can just make it out in the top/corner of walleyes lip in the top picture. I removed the tag and we released the fish. The tag sat on my boats carpeted gunnel for a week, traveled back and forth twice to the launch since that day without blowing off on the road. I finally noticed and brought it into the house yesterday afternoon after I seen it again when cleaning the boat. So I just now looked at it again closely, before calling the DNR to turn in the numbers. Well, one thing I noticed immediately was the LETTER "R" at the beginning of the tags numbers. I've seen one of these before about 10 or more years ago. Yup, yet another $100.00 Reward for Ol'Capt. Dan.

Only a very small number of walleyes were tagged with reward tags. Once about 10 years ago and again this past Spring. The odds of one boat catching 2 of them are outrageous.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Mark4.jpg)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(20141021_153133-1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Mark4.jpg (113KB - 196 downloads)
Attachments 20141021_153133-1.jpg (60KB - 199 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Lund Boats

(Delete all cookies set by this site)