Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> New Content and Features Coming

Message Subject: New Content and Features Coming
sworrall
Posted 10/26/2014 11:50 AM (#112675)
Subject: New Content and Features Coming

WalleyeFIRST will be interviewing your favorite Walleye pros, industry folks and gear experts once a week at the minimum. We'll also be publishing articles and interviews by our award winning writers regularly.

Who would you like us to interview? Please post who you'd like to hear on WalleyeFIRST Radio and see in Dave Landahl's 'signature' written interviews.

Let's get a list going, and we'll make it so.

Mike Gofron and his daughter offered this shot for WF at the Osh Kosh NWT. Mike's daughter is going to school in Osh Kosh and stopped by to see the weigh in.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Mike and Daughter, NWT 2014.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Mike and Daughter, NWT 2014.jpg (76KB - 197 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
KHedquist
Posted 10/27/2014 6:09 AM (#112676 - in reply to #112675)
Subject: Re: New Content and Features Coming

Pat Neu, And You
walleye express
Posted 10/27/2014 12:19 PM (#112677 - in reply to #112676)

Can't really say who, but would like to have an input about the what's asked.

I've always been a man who plans things out. Wind, rain, water clarity, locations, depth, lure choices. And if any of these change for any reason, so most likely does my fishing strategy. Many things most Pro's usually test, ignore and/or wait to cross off their list as they happen. But I always have a plan A and a Plan B. So I'd like to know:

What determines (besides local or personal repetitive information) your first day fishing techniques and strategy.

What made you think of or use that particular technique and strategy.

What are some of the reasons (besides success or Lac of) you changed or stuck with a chosen tournament strategy.

What do you hope to see and are either dissapointed or pleased to see in any amateur partner.

What are your strong point techniques. Any hidden rigging tricks that go along with them.

Thing's like that.

Edited by walleye express 10/27/2014 12:23 PM
GNWC Rookie
Posted 10/27/2014 8:13 PM (#112678 - in reply to #112677)

I'd like to see you guys have a video staff of sorts. Maybe take requests throughout the year and have experts in presentations do short 5 to 10 minute videos with a gopro etc....Real life examples would be great and good exposure for staffers.
bagowalleyeguy
Posted 10/28/2014 9:16 PM (#112681 - in reply to #112675)
Subject: RE: New Content and Features Coming

As an aspiring professional angler, I would love to hear some background on how they made their way into their professional fishing, as well as tips/suggestions for people looking at getting into the sport. The financial burden for most average fishermen IMO seem to be holding tournament entries down, as Walleye fishing is an expensive sport! It would be great to learn from the guys that have been through it all which would help inspire guys to take that next step in their fishing careers.

As for who, a mix of both long time veterans along with up and coming pros would be great to get different views on the sport!
sworrall
Posted 10/29/2014 7:59 AM (#112685 - in reply to #112678)

GNWC Rookie - 10/27/2014 8:13 PM

I'd like to see you guys have a video staff of sorts. Maybe take requests throughout the year and have experts in presentations do short 5 to 10 minute videos with a gopro etc....Real life examples would be great and good exposure for staffers.

I like this, and we should be able to get it done if the pros cooperate. Dan's questions are excellent, we'll make sure we incorporate them. The story of how anyone can afford to compete is an excellent idea.

How do we grow this sport? We had the AIM website and system. No tournament organization has ever covered the on-the-water minute to minute action as completely...not even BASS. The reaction from the general walleye public was anemic. Was that a symptom of the great recession? Where did AIM fail?
GNWC Rookie
Posted 10/29/2014 12:50 PM (#112687 - in reply to #112685)

I just want to make a point that for the video idea, you would likely just need more of a subject matter expert than a top pro. If somebody on this site is really good at a specific presentation, and we can get them a camera with a set of questions to answer while demoing it, I think that'd be great.

For example, I could give great video on fishing wing dams with cranks, bait or willow cats, but there has to be several people who would be really good at giving instruction/answering questions on finding suspended summer fish on Green Bay for example. Or somebody who's really good at pitching main lake points etc....

We have a lot of knowledge here between us, being able to better share it would make this site a lot better. I know that I'd love to have a 5-10 minute segment the night before trying a new technique to hopefully shorten the learning curve.
sworrall
Posted 11/9/2014 12:08 AM (#112719 - in reply to #112675)

We would be delighted to shoot or record via remote interview tips and more at every opportunity. Who would be a good target for the first interview?
limitout
Posted 11/9/2014 8:07 AM (#112721 - in reply to #112675)

Mark Martin
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Vexan Rods

(Delete all cookies set by this site)