Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Walleye Plastics Prescott Bait Company

Message Subject: Walleye Plastics Prescott Bait Company
GNWC Rookie
Posted 3/25/2015 1:12 PM (#112981)
Subject: Walleye Plastics Prescott Bait Company

Hey guys,

I fish plastics a ton on the Mississippi and Wisconsin River systems. Just wanted to let everybody know about some new baits out there from this company that I'm really excited about. The curly tail fluke has been an absolute killer dragging bait this spring, and the mini fluke has been by far my best bait for super cold water vertical jigging. Just hold it 6-12" off the bottom and hold on.

http://www.prescottbaitcompany.com/basswalleye-baits/

If you like any of their baits and want to order, enter code MW-C1 for an extra 10% off. Here are some pics of fish I caught on these baits last Saturday, no giants, but we were out looking for some eaters.

Take a look at the underwater video I took of the curly tail fluke in action too. This video was taken at .4mph.
https://youtu.be/pfyt1dXzCiw

Edited by GNWC Rookie 3/25/2015 1:15 PM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(charteyesm.jpg)

(gold eyesm.jpg)

(orange eyesm.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments charteyesm.jpg (88KB - 150 downloads)
Attachments gold eyesm.jpg (155KB - 149 downloads)
Attachments orange eyesm.jpg (129KB - 139 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
walleye express
Posted 3/26/2015 8:49 AM (#112985 - in reply to #112981)
Subject: Re: Walleye Plastics Prescott Bait Company

Just ordered 2 dozen bags. Thank's for the discount cue. It saved the sale and was needed after the shipping charges.

Edited by walleye express 3/26/2015 8:50 AM
GNWC Rookie
Posted 3/26/2015 9:16 AM (#112986 - in reply to #112985)

Yeah, I just spoke to the owner last night about shipping charges. He'll be looking into those calculations. I just texted him about this again. I'll see if we can get some of that back for you after he figures out the actual cost.

Edited by GNWC Rookie 3/26/2015 9:19 AM
walleye express
Posted 3/26/2015 4:02 PM (#112990 - in reply to #112981)

I can see if it was a bulky big box of oblong hard plastics. But a few bags of 8 soft ring worm type baits, could be put into a large UPS shipping envelope.

Edited by walleye express 3/26/2015 4:04 PM
GNWC Rookie
Posted 3/26/2015 5:01 PM (#112991 - in reply to #112990)

Agreed
GNWC Rookie
Posted 3/27/2015 10:44 AM (#112996 - in reply to #112991)

I talked to the owner last night. He's looking into this. He's having his webmaster recalculate weights, to see what can go in first class envelopes, and compare to what can be put into priority mail flat rate boxes, and the price difference between the two.

I'll follow up with what we find.
walleye express
Posted 3/27/2015 2:16 PM (#112997 - in reply to #112996)

GNWC Rookie - 3/27/2015 11:44 AM

I talked to the owner last night. He's looking into this. He's having his webmaster recalculate weights, to see what can go in first class envelopes, and compare to what can be put into priority mail flat rate boxes, and the price difference between the two.

I'll follow up with what we find.

Cabela's have lost a lot of my on-line business for smaller or single items because of the newer/higher/fixed shipping costs. Bass Pro my business all together because of their tendency to hire (1-800 order line people) who do not have a clue.

Edited by walleye express 3/27/2015 2:18 PM
GNWC Rookie
Posted 3/27/2015 3:29 PM (#112998 - in reply to #112997)

Same here, a guy can't buy $20 worth of stuff anywhere without paying $8 to ship it. It's a bit absurd. I can tell you this, Tim is a great guy and will make it right. The products are good enough to sell themselves, and getting this piece straightened out will only help.

Hoping you got some of the purple fleck curly tail flukes, those have been probably the most consistent bait on the Mississippi so far this year. They've been a surprisingly good pitching bait, I was initially planning on using them primarily for dragging (which I do), but the pitching has worked out better than I expected.
30 incher
Posted 3/27/2015 5:15 PM (#112999 - in reply to #112998)

Sounds good Hope it all works out. I thought the post office had a 5 dollar box that went anywhere for that price.I Haven't shipped anything in awhile.
walleye express
Posted 3/29/2015 9:09 AM (#113001 - in reply to #112998)

GNWC Rookie - 3/27/2015 4:29 PM
Hoping you got some of the purple fleck curly tail flukes, those have been probably the most consistent bait on the Mississippi so far this year. They've been a surprisingly good pitching bait, I was initially planning on using them primarily for dragging (which I do), but the pitching has worked out better than I expected.

Yup, there wasn't a color in any of the series that I didn't like. The darker browns and greys look like our Gobys and the blues and purples like our shiners and shad. So I was biting on virtually every one.

Edited by walleye express 3/29/2015 9:11 AM
walleye express
Posted 3/31/2015 7:33 AM (#113013 - in reply to #113001)

Received my plastics yesterday in the mail. They came squeezed into 1 small USPS Priority box and the shipping was $5.95/a little less then half of the $12.99 price I paid in the order. I'm thinking now that the sender not the seller covers his butt with the overage just in case of bigger orders. Enclosed was also a few extra goodies I did not order with a nice note from the seller. Product looks great and I'm finding places for them in my first jigging line of Plano's. I'll be ordering more if they produce for me.

Edited by walleye express 3/31/2015 7:40 AM
walleye express
Posted 4/1/2015 11:25 AM (#113015 - in reply to #113013)

I just brought some of my Plano Jig boxes of plastics in the house to re-arrange, exclude and add some of the New Prescott Baits I recently ordered to my present inventory. I like laying each one straight in the boxes to keep them un-kinked when ready for use. It was during this individual handling and stacking process, I noticed something strangely familiar about one end and the shape of these baits. Not so much the size (Thank God) that reminded me, but definitely the shape. I could not resist brining in an expert (the girlfriend) to verify without any hints or clues what these shapes reminded her of. I won't tell you what gesture was made by her after only a very short observation, but suffice it to say, she saw the same thing I did. I now plan on not only catching some walleyes on these new baits, but getting some real laughs about what names might be given to these particular new plastics.

Edited by walleye express 4/1/2015 11:31 AM

(IMG_0479.jpg)

(IMG_0482.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0479.jpg (53KB - 133 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0482.jpg (59KB - 120 downloads)
GNWC Rookie
Posted 4/1/2015 12:47 PM (#113017 - in reply to #113015)

Hahaha, yeah I've mentioned the same thing to the owner. They look even more obscene with a hook pushed through and scrunched up on a hook. Almost all of our legal fish last night came on the Chartruese Curly tail fluke, both just drifting with it 6" off the bottom, and dragging on 1/8 oz jigs in 10-15' of water.

I caught an 18 on my first cast with the goldmember ringer paddletail, but then busted that combo off on the next cast. It was late and I was too lazy to tie another on and called it a night.
sworrall
Posted 4/5/2015 8:48 PM (#113028 - in reply to #112981)

That there is funny.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Just Encase

(Delete all cookies set by this site)