Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

[Frozen]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> Walleye Boats and Motors -> Tracker Tundra 21 DC vs Ranger 620vs

Frozen
Message Subject: Tracker Tundra 21 DC vs Ranger 620vs
Bosse07
Posted 3/9/2009 12:37 AM (#78599)
Subject: Tracker Tundra 21 DC vs Ranger 620vs

I am in the process of buying a new boat and was wondering what people's thoughts were on the Tracker Tundra vs the Ranger 620vs.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Posted 3/9/2009 8:47 AM (#78612 - in reply to #78599)
Subject: RE: Tracker Tundra 21 DC vs Ranger 620vs

seriously, dude its a ranger, is there really any comparison, and i dont mean to be cynical, tracker boats look nice in the water, look at how ranger finishes thier boat, better than my truck okay, plus its glass not tin, look at the resale value, also i heard tracker is cutting back, dropping certain models due to lack of sales, when people upgrade, and buy thier dream rig, they buy a ranger, even when i didnt own one, i wanted one, ever power loaded a tracker on a trailer? good luck with that one ....if you got time go to a tournament and watch people loading the ranger and than loading the tracker, you will be surprised. Its the little things that add up over time. I guess ride in a ranger than ride in a tracker and your decision will be short. Remember the pros that get them , get them for free , i would run one to if it were free...
guest 2
Posted 3/9/2009 9:07 AM (#78614 - in reply to #78599)

you'l pay 2x times for a ranger compared to tracker.............so limited funds trackers ok but like post above not many boats compare to ranger!
Grouse
Posted 3/9/2009 9:19 AM (#78616 - in reply to #78599)

Buy the Ranger, You won't be dissapointed. Ranger customer service has treated me well in the past for any issues that come up. I have not heard good things about trackers customer service. Good Luck The tracker probably has the better ride of the two.
sworrall
Posted 3/9/2009 9:22 AM (#78617 - in reply to #78599)
Subject: Re: Tracker Tundra 21 DC vs Ranger 620vs

Wait a minute here, the Pros that are on Tracker's factory team do NOT get their boats 'free'. There's no free boats out there. I've seen Tracker Tundras powerloaded at tournaments about a hundred times, never saw anyone have an issue with it, by the way. Many boat builders out there are 'cutting back' right now in one way or another; Ranger has cut production over the fall and winter too.

Best thing to do is talk to folks who own the Tundra and the Ranger in person, take a test ride, and compare dollar for dollar, feature for feature. Then you can make an informed decision.
stacker
Posted 3/9/2009 10:48 AM (#78626 - in reply to #78617)

I will say this. I will take the ride in a tracker anyday over the Ranger. I cannot handle the butt kicking ride you get from a Ranger.
Bill
Posted 3/9/2009 11:54 AM (#78629 - in reply to #78599)

I personally own a Tracker 21 DC and my Buddy owens a Ranger. I will admit that the finish in a ranger is better then the Tracker but my buddy who has the Ranger even says you can not beat the ride of a Tracker. I power load my Tracker every time never have an issue. I would be more then happy to take you out in my boat and then you could ride in my buddys ranger. Then decide for yourself
stacker
Posted 3/9/2009 12:00 PM (#78630 - in reply to #78629)

Bill, you are so right. If buyers would take the boats for rides back to back in the same conditions, it would not be a question.

Bosse07
Posted 3/9/2009 12:28 PM (#78633 - in reply to #78599)

Thanks for writing guys. Right now I have a 08 Ranger 1860 Angler and want to go bigger. I fished in a tournament last year where the waves were big and I tried going up river and just bout broke my back. Rangers do hold there value a lot better and look sharpe as hell but I dont like that if you go 19ft or bigger you have those side compartments coming all the way up to the back of the seats. I am looking for a boat to use around the pollock and mobridge area the most that I can use for cranking and pulling spinners. Any other comments will greatly be appreciated.
Thanks guys
stacker
Posted 3/9/2009 1:19 PM (#78637 - in reply to #78633)

Bosse

As far as holding value, the Rangers lose a bigger percentage from the original cost than most other brands. They simply start to high so it seems that they hold there value.

With that being said, buying a boat and looking at the resale value as a decision making factor is a bit off. This is being bought for your pleasure not your pain. You want to get in the boat, not dread it.

I would suggest if you are looking at 20fters to ride more than 1. The first one will be tons better than the boat you have today. Look at the tuffy 2060 and what it has to offer for as how you fish, you may be pleasantly surprised.

guest3
Posted 3/9/2009 2:38 PM (#78644 - in reply to #78599)

the pros on trackers team get their boats at no cost to them at the end of the season the sell them and tracker gets the money ranger only offers that to a select few
stacker
Posted 3/9/2009 5:59 PM (#78659 - in reply to #78637)

Sorry if I hit a nerve nero, but I would like for you to go to the classified page, pick out 5 different boats from 4 manufacturers all from the same year and size catagory. Rigged really closely. They are there, I have done this. MSRP is about the only way to do this. fiqure out what the percentage of loss was then do some adding and I think you will see what I do. Basic laws of inflation, the product is never worth as much as it is claimed to be worth when its used and listed on the market.
Bill
Posted 3/9/2009 9:29 PM (#78667 - in reply to #78637)

I think their is an old saying it goes like this: It is better to remain silent and thought a fool then to speak and remove all doubt.
Tracker is not discontinuing the Tundra after 09 it is a special order boat. Every boat has issues. As I have said before I will take anyone out in my Tracker then you can decide which one rides better.
Bosse07
Posted 3/9/2009 10:21 PM (#78669 - in reply to #78599)

Bill you wanna give me your email and send me as much info on the tundra as you can because im spending a lot of money and wanna make sure im happy with it. I would greatly appreciate it
Posted 3/10/2009 6:27 AM (#78673 - in reply to #78667)

Bill - 3/9/2009 9:29 PM

I think their is an old saying it goes like this: It is better to remain silent and thought a fool then to speak and remove all doubt.
Tracker is not discontinuing the Tundra after 09 it is a special order boat. Every boat has issues. As I have said before I will take anyone out in my Tracker then you can decide which one rides better.

I think that the saying goes "It is better to remain silent and thought a fool THAN (then???) to speak and remove all doubt". Looks like you have taken it upon yourself to point that out. You are indeed incorrect. There will be no Tundra after 2009. It is available as a special order THIS year. Once the parts inventory is gone, that's the end of that line. Good day, sir.
Bill
Posted 3/10/2009 7:39 AM (#78677 - in reply to #78599)

Wrong guest. Shows you know nothing. The Glass boat Tracker came out with this year is a fish and ski boat and will not be replacing the Tundra. You had better practice that quote I gave you.
Bosse look up Keith Kavajecz and Gary Parsons web site they will tell you all you want to know about the tracker and the truth. It is hard to go on a web site and ask a question like you did, because all you get is an anwser from close minded fools. I never once bashed another boat, gave you my opinion and offered to give you a ride the other two ding dongs never offered you that, but they did give you alot of fat to chew on.
sworrall
Posted 3/10/2009 8:13 AM (#78680 - in reply to #78599)

Gentlemen,