Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Regional Walleye Fishing -> Mississippi River -> Pool 2/ford dam

Message Subject: Pool 2/ford dam
Skyblaster
Posted 3/18/2013 9:38 PM (#109416)
Subject: Pool 2/ford dam

New User

Hey Everybody-

Anybody been out on pool 2 recently? I have tried to google reports with minimal luck. If you have any reports regarding launches, currents, fish or anything else I would love to hear them. Of course I am not looking for your secret spots or techniques, just overall conditions. Thanks. I am hoping to get the boat wet on Sunday.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
hall1400
Posted 3/21/2013 3:36 AM (#109478 - in reply to #109416)
Subject: Re: Pool 2/ford dam

New User

yes, just a handful of hours put in here and there on the St. Paul bank. Mostly tried jigging with zero success. Water temps and ultra clear conditions are making for a tough bite. Hope you have better luck!
hall1400
Posted 3/22/2013 5:43 PM (#109495 - in reply to #109416)
Subject: RE: Pool 2/ford dam

New User

Below the Ford Dam everything is in slow motion, literally. The current is beginning to speed up slightly, but the water is crystal clear with ice chunks meandering downstream. No action what so ever but just being out in the nice weather was great.
Skyblaster
Posted 3/22/2013 9:49 PM (#109498 - in reply to #109495)

New User

Great. I quickly swung through the lillydale launch and see that is out of commission currently. Where have you been launching? Any reports down by the airport or south?
hall1400
Posted 3/23/2013 2:37 PM (#109503 - in reply to #109498)

New User

Unfortunately, I am a shore fisher primarily My boat is out of commission, for now..

Do you know if it is feasible to fish wing dams from shore? I haven't yet tried that but I know there are wing dams near the 494 launch that are holding walleye/bass in scour holes. If you think that could work from shore; please keep me in the know.
-Thanks,
Soren
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)