Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Regional Walleye Fishing -> Winnebago Walleyes -> University Bay help needed.

Message Subject: University Bay help needed.
RSR
Posted 2/25/2014 10:32 PM (#111360)
Subject: University Bay help needed.

I haven't run from Metro in GB to University Bay in a couple years and cannot remeber if you turn right out of the launch or go through the channel to the first island where it gets deeper. Unfortunately I cannot look on my electronics as the boat is still in storage.

thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dave
Posted 2/25/2014 10:47 PM (#111361 - in reply to #111360)
Subject: Re: University Bay help needed.

I have a trail marked to get through south of the island that you are referring to and see others do it quite often. That being said, there are a few spots you can get into trouble depending on what time of year you go through there so it wouldn't take you much longer to go around. Hopefully water levels will go up a bit this year also to help the cause.
Shep
Posted 2/26/2014 8:56 AM (#111362 - in reply to #111361)

Pucker factor definitely goes up when I run the south route!
BeFishin
Posted 2/26/2014 12:48 PM (#111364 - in reply to #111362)

Another factor to keep in mind, is how much rearranging of any rocks did the ice do when it's breaking up and the wind has any north in it. That ice can move things around and make a safe route in to an unsafe route.

I always "troll" my route the first time in the spring, just to get some kind of level of comfort with it.

You might end up with a bonus fish out of it too.
RSR
Posted 2/27/2014 4:34 AM (#111370 - in reply to #111364)

Thanks for the help, I know there is also a very shallow flat off one of the dredge piles to be careful of.
budsbud66
Posted 3/7/2014 9:14 AM (#111406 - in reply to #111370)

I usually go out of the channel and take the green buoy right before the island on the right than head straight for the eastern edge of kidney.. I mapped this out at low speed and never got below 6 feet. I added waypoints. been using the trail for 10 years with zero problems. 20 min of work. for a good peace of mind that your not gonna rip off your lower unit.

I must say I did bash some rocks right off the second buoy. that's what prompted me to do this. Most people just stay shallow and ride kidney island.. This is a little to dangerous for me..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)