Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Dear Dad.

Message Subject: Dear Dad.
walleye express
Posted 5/22/2015 10:57 AM (#113203)
Subject: Dear Dad.

Dear Dad. On this Memorial weekend, you probably would not recognize or approve of what's happening to this country, it's people or it's leadership right now. Those freedoms and this country that you fought for and that to many of your friends died for, has morphed into a society of hate, mistrust, prejudice and lies at the highest levels. All being spread by those who would change it's entire social character, ambitions and it's freedom's very fiber, into a hateful and abusive entitlement State. But feel confident that your son did not or will not ever forget about the man who taught him through his daily example, that God, character and the truth still matters. I loved and respected you more then you'll ever truly know, and probably more then I ever showed. And I still miss you as much now as that very sad day that you left this earth. If this is the last time I get to tell you from this earthly plane, I truly believe that you and your brother in arms are what started and continue to kept this Country one of the best on Earth.

Edited by walleye express 5/22/2015 11:07 AM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Scan233_June_08_2005_sized.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Scan233_June_08_2005_sized.jpg (39KB - 116 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Purple Skeeter
Posted 5/24/2015 10:50 AM (#113208 - in reply to #113203)
Subject: Re: Dear Dad.

Dan,

Great tribute, never expected to come to Walleyefirst and tear-up! I share the sentiment, my dad was on a mine sweeper in WWII and never really talked about his experience.

Thanks for taking the time to remind all of us the sacrifices that were made, how we got here, how good we really have it and where are going if we are not careful of the past.

Dominic
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)