Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Stinger Spoon Owner Dies.

Message Subject: Stinger Spoon Owner Dies.
walleye express
Posted 12/22/2016 6:16 AM (#115163)
Subject: Stinger Spoon Owner Dies.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2016/12/northern_m...

I Knew Terry for many years, mostly from a business angle. We personally met one year at the Freeland high school fishing show. Where I sat up next to him to sell both my fishing charters and my newly invented spoon harnesses I was making. He of course was selling his Stinger Spoons and was amazed at how many spoon harnesses I was selling using the cheaper type spoons I bought through Net Craft and few other bulk outlets. By the end of the weekend show I had sold virtually all 175 of my harnesses while Terry's bare spoon sales were somewhat less, considering the Lac of Salmon fishermen attending this particular show and the bare spoon craze for walleye fishing not having become quit that popular yet. So Terry approached me about buying his spoons at a wholesale price to build my harnesses with.

I always liked the Stinger colors, size variations selections and Quality. And was put on his Pro-Staff right then and there, ordering all my spoons in a bulk spring order every year. My orders were never massive, but we had many successful years of doing business together. Stinger at one point wanted me to build My harnesses under their name and use there packaging. But the volume they wanted and my available time to build them never worked out. With no patent on the idea, soon many other version popped up and the idea was dropped. But Terry continued to invite me to their yearly Pro Staff meetings, summer picnic's and Christmas Parties. He was simply honest, fair, generous to friends and a decent man. Qualities to much in short supply these days. I won't soon forget him. God Speed Terry.

Edited by walleye express 12/22/2016 6:27 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)