Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> New to walleye fishing and in the Chicago area

Message Subject: New to walleye fishing and in the Chicago area
That walleye guy
Posted 2/15/2017 5:11 PM (#115202)
Subject: New to walleye fishing and in the Chicago area

New User

So here's the short story, I'm a bass angler who just recently got into Muskie fishing about 3 years ago, and now I'm interested in getting into walleye. I just bought a ML rod for some Crawler harnesses. I also have a old medium baitcaster I plan to use for hand trolling (don't know what it's really called but I basically just troll but with my rod in my hand instead of a holder). Just this weekend I was also able to pick up about 10 crawler harnesses and bottom bouncers. Also went to a show and got about a dozen reef runner of different colors and sizes. I'm probably going to fish heidecke lake quit a bit because of how close it is and I also belong to a sportsmans club down that way. Any help, or tips you could share with me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
OhMyLove
Posted 2/20/2017 1:10 AM (#115205 - in reply to #115202)
Subject: Re: New to walleye fishing and in the Chicago area

Welcome aboard!
rivrtroller
Posted 2/22/2017 3:40 PM (#115210 - in reply to #115202)
Subject: Re: New to walleye fishing and in the Chicago area

New User

Do you have a boat ? Heidecki is a decent lake . Spinners do well also do pretty good on hotntots out in the dunes (south lake). Illinois river is also a good spot to catch some walleye and sauger . Just about to heat up down there with the spring run . Mississippi river is also a very good body of water for walleye .
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)