Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> Walleye Tackle and Equipment -> A doozie of a first post.

Message Subject: A doozie of a first post.
reel crazy
Posted 5/25/2017 7:14 PM (#116369)
Subject: A doozie of a first post.

New User

I am in the process of outfitting my boat for fresh water species such as small mouth, walleye, pike, and lake trout. I plan on spending approximately 1000 dollars to tackle them all. I know walleye guys are some of the most well rounded fisherman out there fishing shallow and deep. Drop shooting and trolling. I would like to do some long line trolling with deep divers. I would also like to use a couple lead core setups. Then purchase spinner baits etc...for working shore lines. I would like to run baits from the Rapala company and the companies they own since I can get a small discount through them. I was thinking a couple Okuma reels with Suffix 832 lead core. A couple other setups for flat lining. Then spending the rest on a array of hard baits such as stick baits, deep divers, drop shooting, spinners, and slug gos for working weeds for pike. If you had 1000 to spend how would you do it to fish all of these species? I will also have access to down riggers so when Lake trout are deep and the lead core can't quite reach them Ill use riggers. I also have planer boards. Thanks guys and gals! Get as detailed as you want. I want to know colors, sizes, diving depth, 12 or 18 832, hooks, leader material, storage, rods, reels.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)