Customize Maps on your Boating App
Published By OutdoorsFIRST Media
Published December 24, 2017
The Navionics Boating app offers a rich set of invaluable features, allowing you to easily customize the map to fit your needs!
Open the app and go to Menu > Map Options:
• Turn Easy View ON to magnify icons and text
• If you're in an area where water fluctuates due to droughts or floods, adjust the Water Level setting to alter contours and spot soundings accordingly
• Use Depth Shading to highlight depths up to a select value
• If you selected the SonarChart™
layer, SonarChart™ Density allows you to customize the amount of 1ft/0.5 m contour detail you want to see.
An active Navionics+ subscription allows you to gain access to even more tools with Advanced Map Options:
• Change the map display to a Satellite imagery or Terrain elevation view
• Turn Fishing Mode ON to engage the Fishing Range tool, perfect for anglers who want to target depths to catch a certain fish species. Simply enter the minimum and maximum desired values
• Easily adjust the depth value of Shallow Areas
• With Depth Contours, display bathymetry up to a select value
Want to return to the default map options? Simply click the Reset Default Values button!
Don't have the Boating app yet? Download the FREE version and start a 2-week trial!
You can also activate Advanced Map Options on your Navionics plotter card!
Visit our Tips Archive
for more ways to get the most out of your time on the water!