IB3 - Walleye Seminar Lineup & Times
Joel "Doc" Kunz
Posted 2/28/2008 1:02 PM (#66586)
Subject: IB3 - Walleye Seminar Lineup & Times

Saturday Show Hours 9AM - 6PM
9:30 AM - Joel "Doc" Kunz on the pre-spawn bite and tips and tactics for big fish at night during the "up run".

11:00 AM - Dave VanOss on crawler harness tactics for the Winnebago system.

1:30 PM - Jim Barczak , 2008 BASS Federation Nation State Champ and winner of 7 events in 2008, plus a second at the 2008 Nationals in Ohio. A design engineer at Mercury Racing, he knows "fast & bass" on the Winnebago system.

4:00 PM - PWT Champion Tommy Kemos brings his knowledge of the Winnebago system and walleye to the stage.

Sunday Show Hours 10AM- 4PM

10:30 AM - Daryl Christensen will talk about catching walleye in the rivers and lakes of the upper Winnebago system.

12:30 PM Scott "Axl" Ehricke talks about fishing the reefs of the Winnebago system.

2:30 PM - FLW Angler of the Year Jason Przekurat talks walleye and the Winnebago system.

Panel discussions will follow every seminar. Kendall Kamke will also be conducting a seminar on invasive species, times to be announced. Hope to see you all there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Darboy
Posted 2/28/2008 1:07 PM (#66587 - in reply to #66586)
Subject: RE: IB3 - Walleye Seminar Lineup & Times

Are the calendars going to be ready for purchase next weekend? Any up in GB this weekend?
WalleyeX
Posted 2/29/2008 11:43 AM (#66619 - in reply to #66586)

Don't forget to come to the Off Shore / WalleyeX Guide Service Booth, were I will be fixing Off Shore Boards.

Greg Karch
WalleyeX Guide Service
fish-tale
Posted 3/1/2008 10:17 AM (#66647 - in reply to #66586)

Is this at Shopko Hall this week end 3/1/08 ?
Joel "Doc" Kunz
Posted 3/1/2008 12:22 PM (#66651 - in reply to #66647)

No, ICE BREAKER III is at Critters Sports in Winneconne on March 8 & 9, 2008. It's the last building on the west end of town across from Marble Park.
bbbb
Posted 3/2/2008 9:00 PM (#66687 - in reply to #66586)

Will there be places to sit during the seminars/talks? Does Critters have a seperate room for this?

bbbb
stacker
Posted 3/3/2008 1:12 PM (#66698 - in reply to #66687)

There will be many chairs set up in the seminar area upstairs, as well as we will be using closed circuit TV hook ups through out the building. This is a FREE ADMISSION show.

Denny

go to www.wolfrivercountry.com for more info

Joel "Doc" Kunz
Posted 3/3/2008 4:37 PM (#66710 - in reply to #66687)

Critters is a 17,000 sq foot facitlity. The large sports shop has a good size "Sports Bar" (Woodeyes) and 8000 sq ft of space on 2 levels in the attached indoor archery range. There will be 10 boats on display plus a nice compliment of local products and the Yar Ccraft "Prize Pond" in the main hall. There will be plenty of seats for the seminars, held up stairs, plus closed circuit TV in Woodeyes, so everyone can be comfortable and enjoy the dialog. The DNR plus numerous sports, conservation and tournament organizations will be on hand to discuss a variety of Winnebago Country specific topics.

Thanks for asking, hope to see you there.
Viking
Posted 3/8/2008 4:23 PM (#66874 - in reply to #66710)

Very nice event guys! It was nice to start thinking about open water and chatting with a bunch of WF'ers.

Special thanks to Doc, Rich, and WalleyeX for making my son's day with the gifts -- he's even more excited about fishing than ever.

Mark O.
Posted 3/8/2008 8:04 PM (#66884 - in reply to #66874)

It was a pretty sweat set-up you had Doc. Saw some old faces and got to shoot the breeze about fishing. Viking, I was standing by Rich and Thumper when you saw them, but didn't realize it was you until you had left. Your son did seem pretty excited about fishing. I think he looked good trying to climb in that Yar-Craft tiller. Maybe an early B-Day present for him.
If you didn't go today, I recommend going tomorrow. It looked like a pretty good turn out today. If anything you should stop and say high to the calendar girls. By the way Doc, you might not want to put Rich so close to them next year. Him and I kept losing our focus all the time while we were talking.
Viking
Posted 3/8/2008 8:23 PM (#66886 - in reply to #66884)

Hopefully next time I'll recognize you Mark. We talked it over on the way home and we both agreed we liked the Ranger 1850 Angler better than the YarCraft Tiller
Rich S
Posted 3/9/2008 8:11 PM (#66911 - in reply to #66886)

What an event! Doc and Denny know how to do it up right. It sure was nice to be able to vent our winter frustrations with each other. Thanks to all of you that stopped by and for those that missed the event, be sure to make it next year.
WalleyeX
Posted 3/10/2008 7:15 AM (#66914 - in reply to #66911)

It was a great time seeing everyone at the Ice Breaker 3. I met so many new people along with many faces from the past Ice Breakers. What a line-up of seminar speakers!!! I really did like the new location. It had plenty of room, was warm and awesome food. Thanks to Doc and Denny for organizing the event. I do look forward to next year.

One other note, it was great to seeing all the kids at the event. They were all excited and cannot wait for the upcoming fishing season. Awesome!!!!!

WalleyeX
Captain Greg Karch
Horshak
Posted 3/10/2008 4:12 PM (#66943 - in reply to #66586)
Subject: Re: IB3 - Walleye Seminar Lineup & Times

I attended this event for the first time this year. I will definitely be a return patron. This was a well organized event. My 6 yr old had a ball and was extremely pleased with the hat he got from Greg. I only wish he didn't tease his little brother with it when he got home. Nice meeting some fellow WF people. See you all on the water soon.

Edited by Horshak 3/10/2008 4:14 PM
Joel "Doc" Kunz
Posted 3/10/2008 5:26 PM (#66947 - in reply to #66586)

Thank you to all who attended and to Denny, Critter, Doug Nelson, Woodeye, Eric, Dave VanOss, Jim Barczak, Tommy Kemos, Daryl Christensen, Scott Ehricke, Jason Przekurat, Greg Karch, Ryan Stanke, Rich Stadler, B&B Bait Box, Off Shore, FtFishing, Filet King, Viper Blades, Jim Coon and the MWS, Kendall Kamke and Chad Cook, Sturgeon for Tomorrow, Dean Nathe from Yar Craft Boats and Wendt's Marine my new boat sponsor, Fort Fremont, Josh from Boat Doc's in Lomira, Mark's Marine, and the crew from Pamp's including Steve Lindahl from Ranger Boats. Also Terry Hilbert for helping me organize the "bass" part of the show and to my wife, son and partner Garrett for all the onsite help. Without all of them, the show could not have been such a success. I can promise one thing, it WILL be better next year. I would also like to thank the crew at Talk of the Town in Winneconne and Jim the Karaoke dude for putting up with us. I KNOW I took a little paint off the walls with my rockin and rollin, but Denny's version of Uneasy Rider by the Charlie Daniels Band has us all in stitches. Too bad he doesn't remember the words.

The amount and variety of information that was given was outstanding! Those who missed this show, missed what turned out to be a very special event. As I said on "stage", as long as it's THE ICE BREAKER, it will be a FREE show. Seeing anglers such as "Viking" bring their children and have fun is what fishing should be all about. Having such names as Jason Przekurat, Daryl Christensen, Tommy Kemos and the others come out at no cost to the show should be commended also. It's THEM giving back to fishing in this way that says a lot about them as people, friends and professionals. I am sorry some people missed it. ICE BREAKER III wasn't a place to grind an axe, but it WAS a place to sharpen your skills. Thank you again to all.

Edited by Joel "Doc" Kunz 3/10/2008 5:33 PM
Bay-go Eyes
Posted 3/10/2008 8:59 PM (#66958 - in reply to #66586)

Great event! The seminar lineup was very impressive. It was the perfect way to get fired up for the upcoming season. I was another first timer and will definitely be back next year. Thanks.