An Unbelievable Tournament
John Snow
Posted 11/15/2008 3:48 PM (#74798)
Subject: An Unbelievable Tournament

Hey Everyone, You have to see this tournament that we have going on in Lake Erie. It is mostly a night bite tournament but you can fish during the day also. It is a big fish shoot-out. It is three weeks long and you can upgrade your fish during the tournament. Last night was unbelievable. Check this out.

John Snow

http://www.fishcrazycharters.com/FishCrazy-2008-Fall-Walleye-Frenzy...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
John Snow
Posted 11/15/2008 3:57 PM (#74799 - in reply to #74798)
Subject: RE: An Unbelievable Tournament

I thought you guys would get a kick out of this. Just posting this to help guys open thier minds about using big baits for big walleyes after dark.

Moderators I am not trying to steer anyone to another site. It is a thread I have been working on for two years about the night bite tactics for walleyes. I want this to be info for helping guys get an edge or open the minds to try new things. I am not trying to promote any of my baits or anything like that. I just think it is interesting. I do not sell the walleye baits.

I understand if you feel to delete this.

Tight lines everyone
John Snow

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/community/showthread.php?t=81170
John Snow
Posted 11/15/2008 4:00 PM (#74800 - in reply to #74799)

Even though I am known for my musky baits I am 20 more times crazier about night walleye fishing!

John Snow
Jim Ordway
Posted 11/16/2008 5:40 PM (#74817 - in reply to #74800)

I was down there for the WC event last month and the fishing was good.
I wish I lived down there and could play in your tourney. It is a very good concept. Have fun and be safe out there.
Take care,
Jim O
John Snow
Posted 11/16/2008 7:05 PM (#74820 - in reply to #74798)

It is really amazing the size of the fish. One thing I don't like is the keeping of the fish. It is hard to get around that though.

The problem with a tournament this long is the upgrading through its length. You start the night upgrading. You are not sure if the fish will shut off as fast as they turn on. So say you upgrade a fish to 9.5 lbs. You keep it. An hour later you catch a 9.75. You keep it........... and so on. You throw back the smaller ones or eater you want to keep. At the end of the night you may catch a 10.75. Just a shame you didn't really have to keep the others. The live wells are only so big with a tournament crew of around 3 guys.

The other problem is the weather factor. Like at the moment there is gale forced winds. The rest of the tournament will be wiped out I bet. Thus the other problem with taking a chance to throw back a fish that may you be last for while with a weather condition and tournament window.

I am "Tigger" on here. I am having trouble logging on again. Moderators may give me some help.

If the weather holds up for December and anyone is in the Cleveland area that time you are more than welcome to hop aboard and fish for fun. It is special thing. The fish will approach the 14 pound mark pretty consistantly as time moves on. It shuts down when the water hits 36 ish. It is at 49 and dropping fast. Snowing here at the moment

John