Parsons on AIM by Mark Boyd at the Next Bite
sworrall
Posted 12/19/2008 2:36 PM (#75851)
Subject: Parsons on AIM by Mark Boyd at the Next Bite

OutdoorsFIRST respects the copyright and author, so we will pass along the link, it's a good read.

http://www.thenextbite.com/site/featured_article.cfm?owner=452C1A8E...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TJ DeVoe
Posted 12/19/2008 5:36 PM (#75858 - in reply to #75851)
Subject: Re: Parsons on AIM by Mark Boyd at the Next Bite

Definitely a good read!
saugers2
Posted 12/21/2008 12:56 PM (#75880 - in reply to #75851)

Good article.

I was a bit disapointed to see the talk of Gas and Bait money (gift) from the co-angler. I always thought the "volunteering" or operating costs was too vague....some guys take it, some guys offer it...and others don't.

I thought this was a great chance for a tournament org to just simply say "Co-Angler is not allowed to contribute operating costs to the Pro". The current way its handled is too vague and with all the talk about it....I hoped some director would just eliminate the practice.

Now before somebody jumps me and tells me how much gas and bait costs....yeah I know, I own a boat and have fished both sides of the co and pro game. Even at my small bass club tournaments where the co is fishing against you I never ask for, or take boat gas money. If being a co is such a good deal, then why be a boater? Advantage, thats why.

I like AIM, and I think it will work very well.
Be Open and Honest
Posted 12/28/2008 10:37 AM (#76030 - in reply to #75851)
Subject: RE: Parsons on AIM by Mark Boyd at the Next Bite

I hope that KK will address this issue on the WC interview on Jan 7. If you take the competitive element away from the Co-Angler, then you need to request "Marshalls" for your tournaments. Stop calling them Co-Anglers for the mere purpose of collecting their $250 entry fee. If you create this PRO/AM imbalance of competitiveness, then how can you falsely claim that they are still Co-Anglers?
TJ DeVoe
Posted 12/28/2008 10:53 AM (#76031 - in reply to #76030)

The Marshal program is being run in the B.A.S.S. Elite Series, not AIM. The person fishing with the pro's in AIM WILL be fishing unlike the "marshals" taking part in the Elite series. So, they are called a Co-angler because they are an actual angler with the AIM series, unlike the Elite series. Your getting the Elite series and AIM mixed up, major difference in how AIM will be run and the B.A.S.S. events.
Mud Duck
Posted 12/28/2008 4:37 PM (#76032 - in reply to #76031)

Does the co's catch count towards the pro's bag (pictures) for the day?
honest angler
Posted 12/28/2008 5:25 PM (#76033 - in reply to #75851)
Subject: RE: Parsons on AIM by Mark Boyd at the Next Bite

New User

someone please tell me why you can't weigh the fish in boat with the CRR format?