x-190 question
Posted 1/27/2009 9:24 PM (#77146)
Subject: x-190 question

With dual console tuffy boats- are the passenger side consoles easily removable?? Sometimes I like single consoles. When it is cold or I am going fast nothing beats a dual console.

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
KHedquist
Posted 1/27/2009 9:29 PM (#77147 - in reply to #77146)
Subject: RE: x-190 question

What is your definition of hard?

If I recall there are 6 1/4 bolts easily accesible
Posted 1/28/2009 9:18 AM (#77157 - in reply to #77146)

I should probably clarify my question.

If I choose to run the X-190, can I remove the passenger side console? Approximately how long would that take? From the previous response it sounds like it would take maybe 1/2 hour max? Secondly, if I remove the passenger console would it then be the same as if I purchased a single console in terms of how the fit and finish is in that area?

I realize I cannot do this on the x-190, but on the 2060 Osprey for example, I have thought that it would be nice to have a full walk thru windshield in April and early May. A side or dual console throughout June to early September and then back to a full walk thru windshield for late Sept thru early December. I am a little unfamiliar with the Tuffy line. Can this be done?? If so it moves the Tuffy to the top of my list.

Thanks for the responses.
Shep
Posted 1/28/2009 10:45 AM (#77162 - in reply to #77157)

I think this can be done. I believe the Walk thru consoles will fit the bubble windscreens. And I think the console would come of in less than 1/2 hour. The area behind the console is finished with carpet, so that should not be an issue, other than the carpet being smashed flat where the console touches.

I'm just not sure if I would want to be removing and replacing the walk thru evry year.
sworrall
Posted 1/28/2009 11:24 AM (#77165 - in reply to #77146)
Subject: Re: x-190 question

The consoles and walk through windshields on the 2060 are not easily/cosmetically removable. I'd recommend a dual console in either model; you will be surprised how little room the Tuffy console takes up and should find you'll want that console there all year.

The walk through consoles on the 2060 are completely different than the sport windscreen models, they are not interchangeable.
Shep
Posted 1/28/2009 11:29 AM (#77166 - in reply to #77165)

But I do believe the sport screens will fit on the walkthrough console. At least that is what I was told.

I did say that I would not want to remove and replace the full windshield every year. I think it would not be good for it.
KHedquist
Posted 1/28/2009 3:45 PM (#77183 - in reply to #77146)

Steve is correct the consoles on a Tuffy do not take up allot of room
Posted 1/28/2009 5:55 PM (#77184 - in reply to #77166)

But I do believe the sport screens will fit on the walkthrough console. At least that is what I was told.

on my walk-through last year the windshield sat directly on the leading edge of the top of console. there is no overlap area on the walk-through consoles for the sport windscreens to even attach. they're different designs, not just a modification.

Posted 1/28/2009 9:15 PM (#77187 - in reply to #77146)

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate it.

I am trying to decide between running one boat or two. If I run one boat I will likely go with a bigger water boat such as a 2060 or another big glass boat of that type.

The other option that is becoming more desirable is to run two boats. A Tuffy X-190 for most conditions and a 1850 tyee with a full top/curtains for inclimate conditions, ie breaking ice, snow, rain, big water walleyes, and big waves.

In terms of being able to remove the passenger side console on the X-190, I really like that option. If it takes about 1/2 our to do, that fits my desires very nicely. I am really impressed with the layout of the X-190. Now if Tuffy only made a X-210. That would about cover it all I think.

Anyway, thanks again. I appreciate the help.