Frabill Trolln' Shovel
rede4any
Posted 3/12/2009 12:49 AM (#78832)
Subject: Frabill Trolln' Shovel

Anyone have any experience with these landing nets? I bought one last year for a big chunk of change and used it once. It seemed we were knocking more fish off than netting them. We are not novice fishermen, but obviously were doing something wrong. If someone wants to trade me the regular style net for this one I'd be interested. The trolln shovel goes for $100 the places I see on the internet. I either need some netting lessons or to go back to a net I have more confidence in.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Wisconsin Wade
Posted 3/12/2009 5:09 AM (#78836 - in reply to #78832)
Subject: RE: Frabill Trolln' Shovel

You're not alone..I also had a Trollin Shovel and the only way I could consistently get fish in the net was to net them with the lip up, if the makes any sense? I also lost fish with it! It sits in my basement now...Maybe I just wasn't using it right? I now have one of the Beckman Magnum Walleye Pen nets with the extendable handle and I think it is the cat's meow..I I really like the Frabill Power Locks Yokes tho...Good Luck.
Shep
Posted 3/12/2009 8:15 AM (#78845 - in reply to #78836)
Subject: RE: Frabill Trolln' Shovel

Trollin shovel was a good idea that couldn't have been tested extensively. It just is not a good net. It's the solid piece that screws it up. It causes the net to ride high in the water, and makes it difficult to get under a fish. I used one one day, and told the owner I'd bring my net the next time I went in his boat.

I use a big Frabill extendable when I'm in a tourney or on Green Bay. For Bago chain, I use a smaller extendable Frabill.