Can you help me identify this tuffy
buzbait
Posted 4/26/2009 11:57 PM (#80780)
Subject: Can you help me identify this tuffy

My dad just bought a tuffy boat on a garage sale basically for the motor. The floor seems to be rotted and possibly the transom as well. Anyway I didn't take anypics today, but I'm going to try and describe it cause I haven't seen a registration or title yet.

The hull looks very similar to the new esox boats, but I believe it is 16' in length. It has a side rail on each side with a livewell on the left and another storage on the right. Instead of a front deck extending back and going straight down, it comes back about a 1 or better and then slopes into the main floor. There is nothing in the front to mount depth finder or trolling motor to. Can anybody give me an idea of model or year. I'll try to post some pics up soon, but I've been searching for hours and haven't seen anything like it so far.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sworrall
Posted 4/27/2009 12:21 AM (#80781 - in reply to #80780)
Subject: Re: Can you help me identify this tuffy

Sounds like an old...old...old Marauder. If it's white or blue, it's definitely a Marauder.
buzbait
Posted 4/30/2009 8:22 PM (#80933 - in reply to #80781)

Its a dark blue color with red tuffy letters on the side. I really think it would be a good fixer upper boat. But the sides seem flimsy and the transom flexes which worries me, but the sides are so thin I think maybe thats just the way they are.
sworrall
Posted 5/1/2009 12:28 AM (#80936 - in reply to #80780)

Look at the back of the boat on the right side and let me know if there is a serial number.
buzbait
Posted 5/1/2009 2:05 PM (#80955 - in reply to #80936)

there is but the numbers are pretty distorted can't really make them out. I'll see if my dad ever got the title from the auction house.
buzbait
Posted 5/2/2009 10:11 PM (#80979 - in reply to #80955)

Well I got the title and it says 1980 and the boat is 16' so I'm guessing its an old Marauder. The hull is still in good shape, but the transom was sawdust and the floor was rotted. The carpet was a bright ugly blue. So right now I've got everything stripped off of it. The rotted section of floor up and the transom gone. I'm going to overhaul the boat and I think when we are done it will be a nice little fishing boat again.

Anybody know where I can get tuffy stickers? Going to repaint the side.
KHedquist
Posted 5/3/2009 4:13 AM (#80985 - in reply to #80979)

Call Lori at Tuffy