removing front pedastal base...
iceman35
Posted 12/17/2009 5:53 AM (#87228)
Subject: removing front pedastal base...

was wondering after some beers last night... would like to remove the front pedastal base... (1760 GC) I don't use a seat and I end up standing on it all day... how big a hole would be there and how could I fill it in... I was thinking along the lines of something to cover the whole front part from the compartment lid to the front... thanks...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Brett King
Posted 12/17/2009 7:24 AM (#87229 - in reply to #87228)
Subject: RE: removing front pedastal base...

The hole will be roughly 3.5" in the floor after you remove the base.One thing I have used in the past to cover those holes is a round floor drain cover or vent you may call it, that you see used on the floor of alot of I believe their part# is a FD-4 if you want to google up a photo.
lambeau
Posted 12/17/2009 10:20 AM (#87231 - in reply to #87228)
Subject: RE: removing front pedastal base...

do you have an actual sit-down chair seat on your front deck?
instead of getting rid of the base in the floor, have you considered using a power-pole bump seat instead of a chair?
they are very helpful when you're standing and casting all day - something to lean against and helps take the pressure off your feet a bit without actually sitting down.
just make sure you get the correct style post so they will fit in your baseplate.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.j...

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.j...
iceman35
Posted 12/17/2009 5:06 PM (#87238 - in reply to #87228)
Subject: Re: removing front pedastal base...

thanks for the tip brett, next spring I'll look into that, sounds good... tuffy came with a stand up pro seat but I've never had much use for them either... I just stand there...
Brett King
Posted 12/18/2009 6:57 AM (#87242 - in reply to #87238)
Subject: Re: removing front pedastal base...

Look at the acess cover in the floor of your boat it actually has one of the covers I was reffering to mounted on top of it.