5-19-10 Tough Fishing. But a unique experience.
walleye express
Posted 5/19/2010 2:36 PM (#91250)
Subject: 5-19-10 Tough Fishing. But a unique experience.

First off, how many of you know of, or have heard the name Buck Wilder? Actually, the name Buck Wilder is the characters name who is illustrated in the books that the guy I took fishing today writes about. These are childrens books and he has 10 best seller under the "Buck Wilder" monucur. Believe it or not, his childrens books are about Hunting, Fishing and Camping and I was told that our own DNR uses the Buck Wilder chartacter to illustrate outdoor things and advertise outdoor sports in our state. He and his wife are in town for the next few days doing school seminars and book signing appearences. Who knew? He autographed his most recent book after out trip today, for my grandson Jacob. I'm posting a picture of it along with our catch.

Anyway, after all the book hype I had to get this guys some fish or he'd be talking trash about me to every kid he met from now until his own death. It was not easy. We struggled hard, fished deep to shallow, in weeded waters from the wind the last 2 weeks and in clear to down right muddy water conditions. Also fought off those small and giant gnats that come out every time we have flat calm weather on the bay after a week long blow. Managed 5 walleyes for the effort. 4 on T-stick Jrs and one on a bomber.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(IMG_0600.JPG)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(IMG_0601.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0600.JPG (129KB - 92 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0601.JPG (132KB - 78 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
walleye slyr
Posted 5/19/2010 6:26 PM (#91257 - in reply to #91250)
Subject: RE: 5-19-10 Tough Fishing. But a unique experience.

i've heard of him and actually have that book that you have pictured. my mom and dad got it for and used to read it to me when i was little.
Top of the page Bottom of the page