walleye population on the miss.
walleyeslayer
Posted 3/16/2005 5:34 PM (#29717)
Subject: walleye population on the miss.

Does anyone think the walleye fishin could be any better on the river? Its the best to me in over 10 years. And i cant see it going down anytime soon.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
WalleyeFIRST
Posted 3/16/2005 6:05 PM (#29718 - in reply to #29717)
Subject: RE: walleye population on the miss.

I agree it is pretty awesome. Last summer and fall was about at good as it gets too.
jerry
Posted 3/16/2005 7:07 PM (#29720 - in reply to #29717)

You know, I get the opportunity to talk to alot of fisherman at seminars and instore promotions. I hear, from time to time, all the stories of "the good old days". I'm inclined to believe that, right now, these are "the good ole days".

Lake Winnebago and the connect waterways, Green Bay, the mighty Miss, Bays de Noc, the Fox at DePere.....the list goes on and on. What could be better than now?

I'm going to have to talk that Mr. Boudreau into taking me out on the river some day.

Edited by jerry 3/16/2005 7:11 PM
john mannerino
Posted 3/16/2005 7:23 PM (#29721 - in reply to #29717)

Last year was a great year on the river for 15-20" walleyes. This year, it will only get better,if enough people c & r. Keep the male saugers to eat.
larry eaton
Posted 3/17/2005 5:14 AM (#29733 - in reply to #29717)

i`m all for a slot limit , yes i believe that right now were in a" glory days" of walleye fishing.we all have gotten damm good at catching walleye.ten -fifteen years ago trolling open water was just catching on,gary gray use to come in with huge bags of fish on BAGO,And everyone thought that he was cheating.they sent boats out , to see how he was doing it. well now we all know about the open water suspending bite and how to catch them. plus i feel that us as the future of walleye fishing that we must practice catch and release.a slot limit will only help our efforts on preserving and mantaining the great walleye fishing that we have now! as for the mississippi, i would like to see a minimum size limit on the sauger,seeing 12 inchers go into the fry pan is sick