Networking your Lowrance Systems
tolden
Posted 3/7/2006 1:49 PM (#40466)
Subject: Networking your Lowrance Systems

Anyone doing this with there equipment? How is it working. I see that you can even put remote sensors into your livewells to keep track of the temp in them for the fish.

If some one is doing this, if you have a Navanics chip in one of your GPS units, say your council, will your deck gps automatically read that as well as long as you select the correct map area from the chip? Also, what about if you have two seperate chips, one in each, will you be able to access the chip located in the other gps unit?

My units are WAAS capapable and I am thinking about networking them, thus the questions. If I would have looked into this sooner, I would have done this when I bought the boat, but it does't look to complicated.

Tolden
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ackermannsacre
Posted 3/7/2006 1:59 PM (#40468 - in reply to #40466)
Subject: RE: Networking your Lawrance Systems

You will not be able to share chips between units only the antenna. You will need a chip in each unit to see lake details and you can not share sonar transducers, each unit will have to have it's own transducer.
Shep
Posted 3/7/2006 2:18 PM (#40473 - in reply to #40468)

Acker is correct on the two units not sharing Mapping chips. You also cannot save a waypoint on one unit, and have it automatically save it on the other. YET! I believe this is coming.

The cool part of LowranceNet is the ease of installation, and the information you can share. If you have two Sonar/Gps units, a GPS Receiver, a temp probe, and a fuel meter, you can display lots on info on your Sonar/Gps units. You will use transducers for each sonar, but you can disply the digital depth from the other unit. Each unit will have full GPS capability fromt eh single receiver. Each unit will be able to display temperature and fuel management data. In the future, I believe you will be able to interface with your engine management system, like SmartCraft today, and use a sonar/GPS to diplay these functions.

I rigged two boats this weekend, each with a console X-111, a bow mount X-26, GPS Receiver, and Temp probes. Installation went smooth, and everything worked together just fine.

Edited by Shep 3/7/2006 3:39 PM
Juls_OH
Posted 3/8/2006 6:50 AM (#40509 - in reply to #40473)

Shep - 3/7/2006 3:18 PM
I rigged two boats this weekend, each with a console X-111, a bow mount X-26, GPS Receiver, and Temp probes. Installation went smooth, and everything worked together just fine.

Shep,
Can you give Rick and I a call when it's convenient for you? We rigged our boats the same using the LowranceNet with a the 111 on the dash and a 26 up front, but we can't get the 26 to read the depth. Everything else is working fine. We would like to talk to you about it, so we can figure out what is going wrong.

You can reach us at 419-835-7348 or email me your phone number at [email protected] and we will call you.

Thanks,
Juls
Shep
Posted 3/8/2006 11:22 AM (#40527 - in reply to #40509)

Juls,

You have mail. I think I can talk you through it on the phone. Have access to the boat, and we will get it done.
Juls_OH
Posted 3/8/2006 11:45 AM (#40531 - in reply to #40527)

Sent you an email back....Thanks for you help Tim! We appreciate it very much!

Juls