What a rush!!!!
Mountain Man
Posted 3/7/2006 2:06 PM (#40469)
Subject: What a rush!!!!

Sorry for the personal post here but my 20 year old son just asked me if he could fish tourneys with me again!!!! This it the 13 year old some of you saw qualify for and fish in a national championship and fish well in local events despite his poor choice in partners (me)and who I have waited 7 years,(high school sports took him away from fishing),to hear those words from. Can you say "DAD heaven"... unfortunately it isn't good news for the rest of you tourney guys.LOL
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Sunshine
Posted 3/7/2006 2:08 PM (#40471 - in reply to #40469)
Subject: RE: What a rush!!!!

Congrats Larry,

Let me know what tournaments to avoid
Shep
Posted 3/7/2006 2:21 PM (#40474 - in reply to #40471)

Congrats to you and the boy, Larry.

I'm going to fish the first two MWS events with my 14 yr old Eric this year, and then see how he likes it, before deciding to do anymore. We're also thinking of doing the MWC in June. I hope we have a lot of fun, and he really likes it.
hgmeyer_unlogged
Posted 3/7/2006 4:52 PM (#40485 - in reply to #40469)

My son, 25yrs old, was an enthusiastic "fun fishing" participant... He expressed his lack of appreciation for tournaments... until he fished an FLW event on Green Bay... Apparently 8-10lb fish have a profound effect on the psyche... He now is very enthusiastic at fishing tournaments.... Also, cashing chjecks make him smile,,,
Dale
Posted 3/8/2006 7:57 AM (#40514 - in reply to #40469)

Congrats Larry. Sounds like you've got the makin's of a pretty good team there.

Shep, you'll do great with Eric. He's a bright kid who'll keep you on your toes.