Bass Pro seminar in Council Bluffs
todalake
Posted 3/8/2006 5:06 PM (#40559)
Subject: Bass Pro seminar in Council Bluffs

I wondered what the meeting was like in Council Bluffs with the Parsons. What is the format of the seminar? Is it similar to the Walleye Instiute in Chicago? A bag of goodies when you get there, presentations, lunch included with registration, presentations, and drawing for prizes at the end if you bought the raffle tickets. They handed out a lot of stuff on the drawings. I counted 72 different groups of prizes. Top prize was trip to a Anderson's Lodge in Canada. I wanted to listen to the Parsons about trolling since I going to Erie later this spring but had already committed the money to Chicago. What was the cost for the seminar? If similar to Chicago one, might switch to Council Bluffs next year, depending on presenters.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Chase Parsons
Posted 3/9/2006 2:43 PM (#40635 - in reply to #40559)
Subject: RE: Bass Pro seminar in Council Bluffs

FYI, the Walleye Schools that we do sound to be somewhat similar to the Walleye Institute you mentioned. Our schools start at 8 in the morning and go until 5. The morning consists of a bottom bouncer seminar and open water spinner seminar. After that we do what we call a spinner workshop, where we actually show the guys how to tie everything up with both structure spinners and open water spinners. We then take the remaining time until 12:00 for an open panel for questions. Then we have a break for lunch, some Bass Pros decide to include the lunch, some don't. In the afternoon we start off with a countour trolling and open water trolling seminar. Then split the group and half goes with either dad or keith for a jig/leadcore workshop, the other half of the group comes with me for a boat rigging/electronic presentation. We all come back and then the whole group listens to our Vertical Jigging/Jig Trolling seminar. Then we split the group the opposite way for the jig/leadcore, boat rigging/electronics. After that we come back for last questions and have some giveaways then. The best two being a Walleye Angler Signature series bottom bouncer rod and trolling rod. The day is action packed and we go through a ton of info. Even though it sounds like we set a schedule, we allow questions to be asked at anytime throughout the day. We have gotten great feedback, and many people have went to more than one. One thing I forgot to mention is our seminars are all multimedia seminars with videos and unbelievable graphics. If you have watched the Next Bite Tv show, you have seen some of the graphics. It costs 100 bucks to get into and you receive 105 dollars worth of gear. It's not junk either, actually stuff that we use all the time. We use this tackle for the workshops and pretty much cover each thing throughout the different seminars. We aren't sure right now where we will be presenting these next year, but the best place to figure it out will be contacting your local bass pro stores and staying in touch with thenextbite.com. We post every upcoming event in the forum sections. Any more questions let me know.

Chase Parsons
shink
Posted 3/9/2006 3:14 PM (#40641 - in reply to #40559)
Subject: RE: Bass Pro seminar in Council Bluffs

If you have never gone to one of the seminars with Keith,Gary and now Chase, you need to. I went to one a few years ago, although most of the things they covered I already new, I still learned alot. Like Chase said, anytime you have a question, they are more than happy to answer it.

I wanted to know some things on pulling flies, they don't cover that in the seminar, but we got on that subject for alittle while. It's very laid back. During breaks, Keith and Gary are more than happy to answer questions, pertaining to anything you have questions on. I'm sure Chase is also.

It was well worth the money, and you do get more back in gear then you spend for the seminar. Do they give away trips and things of that nature, No. I went for the learning aspect of it, not the free gear. All the years of experience was worth the money. Actually, when it comes right down to it, it's quite a good deal.