Friend ask about the MWC...
Mark Komo
Posted 1/9/2007 10:38 AM (#50348)
Subject: Friend ask about the MWC...

And to be honest, couldnt tell him anything about it. I know its a partner event, but is it similar to the FLW, but just with a ton more boats? Same type of format, fishing, tailpiping, etc.

I guess my buddy is trying to figure out whether the should try it or not.

Curious as to the impressions of the MWC.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mark O.
Posted 1/9/2007 11:49 AM (#50350 - in reply to #50348)
Subject: RE: Friend ask about the MWC...

I know Rich and I had a fun time fishing the circuit. Don't get me wrong, it does have a few problems, but what circuit doesn't. I would say at least 90% of the guys are goods guys. I made lots of new friends during the last three years I fished the circuit. It doesn't have the huge payouts that you get in the PWT or FLW Tour, but they are better than Merc Nationals or Otter Street. This year the enty fee was raised to $700 a team. For a full field of 220 boats, that's around $30,000 for first. That's not to bad. You do have teams that work together as well. I spent the last two years on the Advisory Panel for the MWC. They realize they are not perferct and are definately tring to get as close to it as they can. It is not an easy circuit. There are some very good and consistant anglers in the MWC. I recommend it, but that's my opinion. Feel free to post or e-mail me with any other questions.

Mark O'Brien
[email protected]
Posted 1/10/2007 8:26 AM (#50383 - in reply to #50348)

i have fished the MWC for a few years and always tought it was a well run tournament trail. they have put in new wrinkles like walleye madness and challenge tournaments that make them even more competitive. i always enjoyed traveling and fishing the new waters every year. kristine and her crew do a great job and i hope them future success. for a team tournament it cant be beat for the excellent anglers and opportunity at a good payout.
Toolman
Posted 1/10/2007 1:59 PM (#50410 - in reply to #50348)

I've fished the MWC East the past two seasons. I can't speak about the Central division, but I'm sure it is similar (only larger). I've fished 3 or 4 "local" national circuits and this is, by far, run better than any of those. It is much larger as well. The MWC has great competition and is very well run by Kristine and her staff. Check the link below for all the rules and registration info and lots of tourney pictures-you'll get a feeling...it's definitely a Professional Circuit.. "Early Bird" teams are being signed up from 1/3 to 1/22 (i believe).

Tim

http://www.masterswalleyecircuit.com/
wish list
Posted 1/10/2007 2:01 PM (#50411 - in reply to #50348)

mwc . here is my take. you have a good partner somone you enjoy spending time and money with. you get away from home once a month to fish great walleye locations. it makes you a much better angler. lotsa friends can be made and storys told. very cool and you can split expenses with a partner. . you will spend a 2000 per team per tournament . you will have in my opinion . the best competion on the water. from 200 to 300 teams ?location looking to kick your a$$. you will have a minimum of 100 local teams at each event and most will be able to put togather some sort of catch. along with 100 or so teams that have fish the cercuit for years. have been to these locations and are as competive as it gets. the competion does not get better than this. in my opinion though a pwt champion ship or an flw win is bigger i would say it would be harder to win an mwc championship or tournament. if you can compete there you can play anywhere . dont quit your day job . make sure your wife is willing to hold the fort. and be responsible with your goals. i fish to win and am confident i can compete. the mwc will humble you but it will make you stronger. have fun have fun have fun! if you cant go out on day two with a good attitude after a bad day one its not the place for you. makes for a long week . but if you can stay positive you will have a great time. i would say i would have a better chance finishing in the top 10 in any other cercuit than i do in the mwc. dont underestimate your competion just because you dont read or see them on tv.
john mannerino
Posted 1/12/2007 5:25 AM (#50474 - in reply to #50348)

Last year was Mark and I`s first year fishing the circuit and had a great time. Alot of good sticks. We had a decent year and made the champ. The MWC crew has it together. No problems last year at all. Looking foward to another year.
Mark Komo
Posted 1/12/2007 8:08 AM (#50478 - in reply to #50348)
Subject: Re: Friend ask about the MWC...

Thanks for the input. Glad I got some. So used to the smaller formats, and with the amount of good sticks sounds interesting. Wasnt really considering it, but warming up. Then again since Spring valley gets so filled up, its gonna come down to luck of the draw I guess.
john mannerino
Posted 1/12/2007 8:57 AM (#50485 - in reply to #50478)

Mark. You cant win if you dont play in the game!!!
Dan Palmer
Posted 1/12/2007 11:06 PM (#50518 - in reply to #50348)

This circuit has been around for along time and has spawned some of the all time great fisherman and ambassadors of our great sport. I will be part of the MWC's Team as the Official Bumpmaster. They have decided to hire this position to keep things consistent throughout the entire circuit. It is another feature to make the circuit the best they can. Good luck on the "Draw" and see ya at the scales. Dan Palmer NPAA #345
Mark Komo
Posted 1/13/2007 8:24 AM (#50524 - in reply to #50348)

what the heck is a bumpmaster?
butch
Posted 1/13/2007 9:49 AM (#50526 - in reply to #50348)

he will measure the fish at all MWC tourneys. He will have the final say weather your fish is in the leagal size range.

Edited by butch 1/13/2007 9:51 AM
saugers2 ul
Posted 1/13/2007 4:19 PM (#50528 - in reply to #50348)

oh oh...guess we better stop calling him "rusty"....LOL.
john mannerino
Posted 1/14/2007 12:25 AM (#50539 - in reply to #50348)

HAHAHAHAHA thats a good one
Rich S
Posted 1/16/2007 8:17 PM (#50652 - in reply to #50539)

I would definately recommend it. I fished it since 2001 and have had a blast. Tons of great people and is run VERY well. Sure it has its problems but they all do. For the money, it is the best buy in town. I wish I was able to fish the circuit this year but I have other priorities to attend to. If you do decide to fish it and want some friendly advice from a veteran I have two words for you, Sluggo's-waxworms. Good luck!
good but
Posted 1/18/2007 3:56 PM (#50700 - in reply to #50652)

It's a good circuit but alot of Central Division teams that I talk with are tired of being used to create interest in the east, which obviously is not there i.e. next years championship in the Detroit River in the Fall is just one example, at best a bizarre choice.
I'll Secound That
Posted 1/18/2007 4:53 PM (#50701 - in reply to #50348)

The Central Division IS the Whole Game ....Most are from Wis. Minn. a few from Ill and Iowa.. If you were to drop a pin in the Most CENTRAL location for all members it would Hit Madsion Wis.........................But what the Heck lets head to Detriot...So lets see how many teams from the East have signed up for the WHOLE east side....
Just my 2 cents Hope not to affend anyone..
D. Landahl
Posted 1/19/2007 8:56 AM (#50716 - in reply to #50701)

A big thumbs up for the MWC. I fished one last year, loved it, even though my partner and I didn't perform very well.

If you don't have the sponsors or the funds to fish Pro/Am events and want real professional competition, then the MWC is a terrific place to be.

Dave Landahl
Manager, Public Relations
RBFF
[email protected]
Guest-T
Posted 1/19/2007 12:23 PM (#50726 - in reply to #50348)

MWC is a professionally managed circuit - very competitive and great guys. We will see how the impact of moving the championship east will impact the numbers. Will the East numbers go up, will the Central numbers go down, time will tell.
WR619
Posted 1/24/2007 6:02 PM (#50874 - in reply to #50726)

Both down, way down.
joker
Posted 1/25/2007 9:42 AM (#50885 - in reply to #50348)

Riddle me this batman... can someone tell me how 6 teams from the east division and 6 teams from the central division get invites to the 2007 Cabelas NTC when 121 teams fished the central and 32 teams fished the east?
Posted 1/25/2007 11:47 AM (#50893 - in reply to #50885)

What are some of the guys thoughts on why the numbers are down.
Posted 1/25/2007 12:34 PM (#50895 - in reply to #50893)

Few reasons IMHO. 1) They have been catering to the anglers from the east to try and spark interest and have in a sense neglected their loyal central following. This is one reason I quit fishing the circuit and I know others who share the same feeling. 2) The FLW is making an impact. If you aren't fishing on the tour, you can do the league. League is cheaper and you can fish closer to home. I am actually enjoying the league tourneys more. 3) Scheduling over the past couple years. They have shunned the guys from Minnesota for the most part. I think the year they went to Bago and Green Bay really put a bad taste in alot of those guys mouths. 4) Cost. Getting hard to justify the cost of these tourneys (not just the MWC) especially with increased gas prices and the ridiculous cost of boats today. Again just my opinions. I for one enjoyed the old schedule of 4 tourneys and a championship. It just felt like more of a circuit in which most people were working to win the team of the year title. You would develop some rivalries. Now it seems like there are a whole bunch of new players and they don't really care if the circuit is successful as they are only worried about fishing a tourney or two on waters they know.
Riddle
Posted 1/25/2007 2:15 PM (#50898 - in reply to #50895)

Riddle me this batman...the riddle goes further when you figure the number of teams that fished all three events in the central last year were way more than 121. They had 149 early birds plus more teams ended up fishing all three, I'm not sure of the exact number but the central averaged 203 boats per event.
good but
Posted 1/25/2007 2:23 PM (#50901 - in reply to #50898)

Does anyone know where the pre-reg numbers are at as of today or is that info not released?
saugers2
Posted 1/25/2007 3:04 PM (#50903 - in reply to #50348)

All good points about the lower than usual early birds. I suspect they lost more than a few teams by not going to Bago. And the deadline is still a week away for non-early birds. The schedule has 2 rivers this year, and a Great Lake...two way different types of fishing and fisherpeople (PC) that they are trying to attract.

Here is where we sit in Spring Valley, the river has been flooded since December 1, 2006 and nobody has been out.....kind of out of site out of mind.

We are going to get in SV only, still have till Feb. 2nd to do that. I expect that SV will fill, but Pool 11 and 12 will be a tough one.
Moo
Posted 1/25/2007 5:18 PM (#50908 - in reply to #50348)

Here's my take .... The whole reason you fish the the Curcuit is to make the Championship.. This whole business of moving things East wasn't a draw for me.. Along with NOT HAVING the Championship the SAME year...... Shall miss the MWC this year lets see what next brings ???
Posted 1/26/2007 9:23 AM (#50935 - in reply to #50908)

Looks like the move east was not well accepted by the central guys. It appears the east numbers also dropped.