Walleye University
orchard frank
Posted 1/27/2007 10:13 PM (#50997)
Subject: Walleye University

Have to give a big thumbs up to the Walleye University detailed in the "stories" section of the home page. I went to the Scheels in Appleton presentation last year, Jim Carroll and Johnnie Candle put on a great seminar, all day, lots of one on one and question/answer time. I'll be going back.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Posted 1/28/2007 5:38 PM (#51005 - in reply to #50997)
Subject: RE: Walleye University

Thought I'd sign up until I saw the "Waiver". Why do I have to give permission for them to use my Name and picture in broadcast and print media ? I'm just a priviate person wanting to learn about fishing. Not putting my face and name out to the public. So, I'm not signing up !
Johnnie Candle
Posted 1/28/2007 11:46 PM (#51008 - in reply to #51005)

Thanks for the kind words. Putting on Walleye University is actually one of my favorite things to do each winter. It really gets me fired up to go fishing and keeps me sharp. I hope that it shows that I am having fun while teaching. It will be fun to see you in Appleton.

As for the waiver, there is a reason for it. Scheels, Jim Carroll, and I would like to keep track of who attends these events. We would want to notify anyone in attendance this time of when we may be returning to the area or are holding a new event someplace close by. This cannot happen legally without the consent of the person giving the information. We do not want to violate anyone's rights.

Please do not let that keep you from coming to the Walleye University. I promiss that it will be a very enjoyable day of quality information. We have yet to have some one tell us that they did not learn something new at one of these events.

I hope to see you there. If you have any other questions, please contact me directly at [email protected] or call me at 701-371-9431. I would be glad to answer any questions you may have.
Posted 1/30/2007 7:45 PM (#51067 - in reply to #50997)

Jonnie,

Thanks for the come back. I am sure I would learn from your presentation thats the reason I thought I would go.

But, the Waiver reads "I also give permission for the free use of my name and picture in any broadcast, telecast or print media account of the event." If it is to give you and Scheels permission to contact me in the future it certainly does not read that way to me.

Now it looks like I have something to hide, which I don't. I just don't want to see myself on TV or in a news paper. I have purchased quite a bit of fishing merchandise from Scheels here in Appleton. I am wondering if they will soon want a Waiver to enter their store to give them permission to use my name and picture.

I'll pay the money, you give the show and we should both be happy with the exchange. I realize it is not you but big Companies with too many Lawyers. When I was working we used to say that the "accountants and lawyers spoiled the best ideas that the sales department ever had."
shink
Posted 1/30/2007 8:10 PM (#51068 - in reply to #51067)

Guest,Scheel's is just covering their butts. Just in case any pictures or video are taken. They have to have permission to use the pictures or video from the people that are in it. If Scheel's doesn't have the permission from the people and still use the pictures or video, they are open for lawsuits.