Thanks
BoatLund
Posted 2/1/2007 11:33 AM (#51098)
Subject: Thanks

New User

Just a note to say "Thank You" to all of you who use and contribute to this site. After surfing through "Fishing Forum" sites over the years, I think this site is the best I've encountered. What I've seen here is very commendable in terms of genuine response with helpful, welldone comments and information. I'm new to power boating and north country fishing so all of this is very appreciated. Most fishing forum sites are unhelpful and filled with ego's. Thank you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
walleye express
Posted 2/1/2007 11:55 AM (#51099 - in reply to #51098)
Subject: RE: Thanks

BoatLund - 2/1/2007 12:33 PM

Just a note to say "Thank You" to all of you who use and contribute to this site. After surfing through "Fishing Forum" sites over the years, I think this site is the best I've encountered. What I've seen here is very commendable in terms of genuine response with helpful, welldone comments and information. I'm new to power boating and north country fishing so all of this is very appreciated. Most fishing forum sites are unhelpful and filled with ego's. Thank you. :)

BL.

Firstly, welcome. And thank's so much from all of us who share for the kind words. The guys here are indeed a special group of guys. But I give the most praise to the owners and moderators of this great site. Their vision, direction, rules and guidlines for this site that they have both taken and have stuck with these last few years, is like very few other on the internet. Now as far as Ego's go, we all have them, some more unique than others. And they may rub some people the wrong way, but I truly believe they make you a better fisherman for the most part. It's just some ego types won't allow for sharing or helping guys who are new or less informed in the fishing sports. And ironically, the ones that do are accused of bragging. Not many of them here either.

Edited by walleye express 2/1/2007 12:04 PM
WalleyeFIRST
Posted 2/1/2007 12:10 PM (#51100 - in reply to #51098)

Thank you.

We made the "play nice" model work over at MuskieFIRST and we believe it's starting to grab hold here as well, it just took a little longer. Overcoming the culture of negativity set by other sites hasn't been easy, but I think we've shown that it is what people ultimately want. Help, advice and conversation without being attacked or ridiculed.

Cool, huh? lol

Thanks again for the compliment.
Viking
Posted 2/1/2007 1:26 PM (#51101 - in reply to #51098)

I'll take the opportunity to chime in too. I also particpate on a number of forums and this is by far the best. It is not the most active, but almost always* friendly, helpful discussions involving some extremely smart anglers

* "almost always" except when football is involved ;).
hgmeyer
Posted 2/3/2007 8:14 PM (#51152 - in reply to #51098)
Subject: Re: Thanks

Welcome and you have hit the reason I (and lots of others) stick around... I have expanded my knowledge and made good friends here... One of the few good sites... Thanks to the "Management", too... and the people who post here...
hgmeyer
Posted 2/3/2007 8:22 PM (#51153 - in reply to #51098)
Subject: Miami Travel Report

Hey and about football... Well no reason for me to even mention that the Bears are in Miami for some fun and sun... and maybe something else... lol
Greg @ Agate Bay Ldg
Posted 2/3/2007 11:17 PM (#51155 - in reply to #51098)
Subject: Re: Thanks

Welcome aboard, I have been trolling around on the musky side of things. Great bunch of guys there, and yes this is definately a no slam area. I look forward to the walleye disscussions here as well. Looks like another site for me to visit regularly.

All the best,

Greg Bolinski
Agate Bay Lodge
www.agatebaylodge.com
NPAA #944
Capt. Marty
Posted 2/4/2007 10:46 AM (#51161 - in reply to #51098)

welcome aboard "BoatLund" and as everyone will attest these boards are to help and educate all of us fisherman and in all species.
It's that friendship shared on these sites that will help all of us.
From all of us on the Bay's up here,
Marty