Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> on a lighter note. does anyone else?

Message Subject: on a lighter note. does anyone else?
bradley894
Posted 1/21/2009 9:36 AM (#76895)
Subject: on a lighter note. does anyone else?

Had my first official longing for open water and a nice morning in June last night.
Sparked by something i got in the mail (thanks Jim) a Walleye Weekend Merc National entry form ! i looked over the green 2009 entry form.. Then it hit me!.. i sat back and had a vision... (not caused by the Obama love fest on the news) This vision was a nice morning i was standing up in front on the carpet of my buds 620 looking down at him hoisting a nice fat 16 or so inch walleye into the back of the boat from his usual seat. then pulling of my sweatshirt as the sun came up over the trees on the shorline! nice breeze out of the southwest and a half a crawler danglin on my jig just touching the serface... Oh how i long for the snarls in my line.. lifting the anchor 20 times in a morning.. i long for my middle board running over the line of my outside board because of a poor attendance at the helm... i long for the zebra muscles cutting my line up so i must re-tie and the sheepshead that always picks up my jig if i let it lay on the bottom wile i light a smoke or take a slug of my soda... and that new fishing hat broaken in only to fly off after poking my head to far over the windshild... then lost after running over it wile going back to get it.... i long for the guy in front of me at the boat launch slowing my day. i even miss putting 5 bucks in the can to launch the boat! Instead i am forced to log on to walleye central and see guys getting worked up over tournaments live bait Bass vs Walleye guys... politics and folks with common interests arguing. dont get me wrong i like a little scrap ... but has any one else had this vision? I HAVE THE SICKNESS! thanks to Merc and JIM at TFM... i would have got it anyway so dont feal too bad... but maybe i could have made it a few more weeks..... oh well.. just cant wait to go get em.... boys..
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rich S
Posted 1/21/2009 9:47 AM (#76896 - in reply to #76895)
Subject: Re: on a lighter note. does anyone else?

I am with you Bradley! This is the longest winter ever and I am dying to get out in a boat and do some real fishing. Biggest excitement for me is that I have 6 tournaments with my 10 year old son and 3 of these will be out of state.

The Ninja in my garage is wanting to be ridden in a bad way as well. Just a few weeks of 30+ temps will dry the roads and open up Depere. Too bad the forcast is HORRIBLE!!! Sucks to be us. We need to form a support group:)
bradley894
Posted 1/21/2009 10:35 AM (#76899 - in reply to #76896)

wow rich... 6 tournys with your son? he is ten? sweet! when and where i wanna keep track of you guys this year.... maybe put you on my fantasy team or something lol... lil guy is going hard core... i like it... road trip for the men! Outstanding... tell us more! whats the first event?
KHedquist
Posted 1/21/2009 11:23 AM (#76900 - in reply to #76895)
Subject: RE: on a lighter note. does anyone else?

Is there any way possible someone from MN can get into the Merc Nationals?
Rich S
Posted 1/21/2009 11:31 AM (#76901 - in reply to #76895)

We are doing the Full Throttle Circuit both Wisconsin and Illinois divisions and their championship. He is pumped big time but not nearly as much as me. He is also deadly with a jig stick. Netting is a different story but he will learn.

In years past, it was hard for me to take him fishing. While in the boat I was more a fisherman then a father. This obviously had a negative effect on his view of fishing (especially with me). Not sure if it is my old age but my way of thinking has changed and I am not nearly as hard core as I used to be. Last year my sole intent while in the boat was to make it fun for him. That payed huge dividends. The joy I get from watching him fish now is much greater then any joy I have ever had while fishing. Last year Mark O took us fishing and we video taped it. Alec (my son) and I have watched that video this winter and man does he get excited. No matter how we do in these tournaments, I can gauruntee you we will have fun. I will keep you posted on how we do but better yet, come on down and join us!
Rich S
Posted 1/21/2009 11:35 AM (#76902 - in reply to #76900)

moreyes - 1/21/2009 11:23 AM

Is there any way possible someone from MN can get into the Merc Nationals?

Yup, call Jim Coon and have him send you a brochure. His number can be found at www.fishtfm.com

Jim and crew do an AWESOME job!
Mark Komo
Posted 1/21/2009 11:39 AM (#76903 - in reply to #76895)

Excellent rich. As you could tell from the hokey video I put here yesterday, its more about the fun stuff, than just fishing. Driving the truck, pee-ing in the ice hole. snacks, sliding around, etc. If we get fish its a bonus. Still nice to get out.

You got a great approach going. glad to hear its working out.

Spring valley should be fun for you and the boy. Oglesby has a days in that has a pool. very nice. He may be too young yet for the tiki! HA!
bradley
Posted 1/21/2009 12:27 PM (#76905 - in reply to #76900)

yes more eyes ... call jim... you arent allowed to send your entry back till i think march second! THIS IS IMPORTANT.. make sure your entry is mailed and postmarked that day! it has been tradition that entries are filled first come first serve after all of the entries are taken from the teams who fished it the previus year... if you fished it last year and didnt change your team members you are in if you send in on time... from there the openings will be filled by guys like you so when you chose a partner try to pick a fishing partner you will have for the merc every year.. start the traditon .. if you get in this year and chang partners next year you may not get in next year .. see what im saying .. its a great event a good time and something you will want to do every year... a great fistivlal on the grounds that weekend also.. good luck. Call or e-mail JIM
john mannerino
Posted 1/21/2009 4:32 PM (#76919 - in reply to #76895)

DONT GO TO THE TIKI!!!!! The wife will find out alot of bad things that happen there! HAHAHAHA
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)