Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> Walleye Boats and Motors -> Need a recommendation for a new 10 hp trolling motor

Message Subject: Need a recommendation for a new 10 hp trolling motor
Big Fish
Posted 6/11/2015 8:31 AM (#113272)
Subject: Need a recommendation for a new 10 hp trolling motor

My 2006 9.9 Mercury Bigfoot died. The cost of repair is not worth it to fix. What bugged me about this Merc, was the detent at 1.7 - 2.0 mph when trolling. It would never hold my favorite trolling speeds. After taking the engine to three dealers around Lake Winnebago, on a recommendation, we added a Troll Master for more control, but it didn't help. I use the 9.9 motor for a backup on my 19.5 ft boat to get me off Lake Winnebago in an emergency if the big engine were to die. Can someone please recommend a new 10 hp that trolls and holds trolling speeds for walleye fishing on Lake Winnebago? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Big Fish
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Sunshine
Posted 6/12/2015 5:41 PM (#113282 - in reply to #113272)
Subject: Re: Need a recommendation for a new 10 hp trolling motor

Luv my new 9.9 mercury Pro kicker from the boat Doc. I'm assuming you do not want to go Meec but they are great engines. Take the ride and see if the boat doc and fix your old one. They also gave me a very good trade in price on my old one.
sworrall
Posted 6/12/2015 7:02 PM (#113284 - in reply to #113272)
Subject: Re: Need a recommendation for a new 10 hp trolling motor

What Sunshine said.
DragonBallz
Posted 6/13/2015 3:11 PM (#113290 - in reply to #113272)
Subject: RE: Need a recommendation for a new 10 hp trolling motor

Try and find a Yamaha T8 . Pair it with a a Trollmaster and you will have one of the finest trolling setup know to mankind . On my last Ranger that exact setup would go as slow as .5 mph up to 4+ mph.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)