Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> Walleye Boats and Motors -> Ranger 4 Bank Charger

Message Subject: Ranger 4 Bank Charger
PSAGuy
Posted 4/16/2016 10:59 AM (#114801)
Subject: Ranger 4 Bank Charger

I have a 4 bank SE Charger that came as original equipment on my 2008 Ranger 620. It has always worked well. This morning while charging for the first time since winter storage which was indoors, all banks went green except bank 2 which had 2 red lights blinking. According to Dual Pro this indicates the battery could not take any charge for the first 3 hours.
After testing all my batteries (all1 yr old Odyssey batteries) with a multimeter, they all read 12.9v which to me indicates they are ALL charged.
Anyone have any ideas here ? My first guess would be the indicator for that one bank is shot, but the bank works OK.

Certainly would appreciate any input.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sworrall
Posted 4/16/2016 5:49 PM (#114805 - in reply to #114801)
Subject: Re: Ranger 4 Bank Charger

Did you disconnect the batteries before testing?
PSAGuy
Posted 4/17/2016 10:19 AM (#114806 - in reply to #114805)

YEP....tested them each completely isolated. Ha....that's something I'd do tho in the past....test them attached to each other. Getting a bit smarter in my old age I guess.
Maybe the "They all tested 12.9v" was the wrong way to say that....some were a slight bit different than 12.9 (ie...12.84 etc) but not significantly so.

Edited by PSAGuy 4/17/2016 10:21 AM
PSAGuy
Posted 4/17/2016 5:28 PM (#114807 - in reply to #114806)

Well isn't this special ??!!

Now after cleaning all connections and replacing all nuts at terminals, I plugged in the charger and I get a SINGLE (not 2 like before) flashing red light. It's flashing much faster than before as well.

Looks like a call to Dual Pro is needed. Batteries are fully charged according to the multi-meter though. Cannot figure this one out. The only thing that seems logical is the batteries charged and then a fuse blew in the charger line. Now I can't get current to the battery. Only thing that makes sense. We shall see.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)