Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> Walleye Boats and Motors -> Prop Selection for Mercury 150 4S

Message Subject: Prop Selection for Mercury 150 4S
dlroot
Posted 7/26/2016 8:50 AM (#115017)
Subject: Prop Selection for Mercury 150 4S

New User

I just purchased a new Lund 1875 Pro-V with a Mercury 150 4S. I am just curious to see what others are running for props on this same set up. I am very pleased with the performance as it is set up - but you know us guys, we always like to see if we can get more out of it. I am running a Tempest 19 and I am seeing 49-50 MPH on the GPS and it gets on plane really quick.

Stay safe everyone and enjoy your summer.

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Ches.
Posted 7/27/2016 7:48 AM (#115019 - in reply to #115017)
Subject: Re: Prop Selection for Mercury 150 4S

Not the same set-up, but close. I have a Lund 2010 Pro Guide with a 150 Verado, I also run a 19P Tempust Plus and get about 1 MPH less than you. I picked up a 19P Enertia, tried it for a week, lost speed, now it is my back-up prop. I have been looking for a used 20P Bravo 1 FS, but they never come up. So, that's all I know, good luck. PM me if you find the Holy Grail, might work in my boat.
Ches.
VMS
Posted 11/29/2016 8:19 PM (#115156 - in reply to #115017)
Subject: Re: Prop Selection for Mercury 150 4S

New User

Hiya,

Much of what needs to be considered here is your RPM level at your max speed. My gut instinct says you are probably running right about 6000 and the speed you are getting is pretty darn close to what I would suspect is optimum. The tempest prop is a top notch prop by design. It has excellent rake and cup, which gives it significant grabbing power with the water, especially if you play with motor height at all.

Tweaking motor hight might give you another MPH or two depending on where your motor is mounted currently. If you are above your max RPMs right now, a higher pitch possibly could be in order. What are your RPMs now and what is the gear ratio on the motor?

Steve
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)