Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Why you should never leave your Jiffy hanging out.

Message Subject: Why you should never leave your Jiffy hanging out.
walleye express
Posted 3/14/2015 1:43 PM (#112931)
Subject: Why you should never leave your Jiffy hanging out.

Did anybody arrive at the end of Linwood Road this morning between say 11:00am and 11:30am with their Jiffy Auger un-done and hanging off their 4 wheeler or trailer? Did you drive through the Linwood Corners Restaurant Parking lot just prior to this time?

Here's the reason why.

I decided this morning to drive to Franks and buy as many Moonshine jigging Minnows as I could with the Franks gift Card I received from my son for Christmas. I want a small arsenal of these to try out the cast and jerk technique that won the Escanoba NWC tourney last November. Anyway on the way there I thought I'd stop for one of those heavenly western omelets that Linwood Corners restaurant serves up and is famous for. When I arrived the place was packed. One lone parking spot on the SW corner of the building remained. I parked at somewhat of an angle to allow more room behind me for anybody towing a trailer around this tight corner in the parking lot. I went in, ate the omelet and came back out. Probably 20 minutes total.

As I'm coming out and turn to walk towards my truck, I seen a guy and his wife/girlfriend setting in a car in the parking lot next to the restaurants and she's pointing at me. Then as I approach my truck the guy gets out and starts walking towards me. I sense something is up and place my hand in my pocket on old reliable and then ask the guy "What's Up" in a calm voice. He starts out by saying "I seen the whole thing". "You seen what whole thing" I ask. The guy that hit your truck with his auger. "What"????

Sure enough I go to the drivers side of the truck and my mirror was hit. The guy said the truck and trailer pulled in and as they made the corner to sharp with the trailer, clipped my mirror. He said the bungy cords broke off the one end and flew off the auger, but says the guy must not have even realized it, because he left the auger dangling as he pulled back onto M-13 and turned down Linwood road at the light. WTF

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(IMG_0471.jpg)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(IMG_0472.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0471.jpg (127KB - 109 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0472.jpg (113KB - 106 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)