Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Why do people do this stuff?

Message Subject: Why do people do this stuff?
KHedquist
Posted 1/12/2009 7:05 PM (#76527)
Subject: Why do people do this stuff?

Associated Press • January 12, 2009 WAUPACA — State wildlife officials say a group of snowmobilers ran over five deer, killing four of them and severely injuring a fifth in what a warden calls a senseless act of cruelity.

Department of Natural Resources warden Ted Dremel said Monday no arrests have been made in the incident that occurred early Saturday morning about five miles south of Waupaca.

Dremel believes three or four snowmobiles were involved in what amounted to a roundup of deer in a farm field. Dremel says one deer was left tied to a tree and choked itself to death. Another deer had broken legs and was euthanized.

Dremel says five miles of snowmobile trails in area have been closed due to the carnage. Some snowmobile clubs have offered $4,000 in rewards for information leading to the arrest of those responsible.

Link to news story

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/local_wluk_greenbay_dnr_says_deer_rundown_by_snowmobilers_111091104_rev3

Edited by moreyes 1/12/2009 7:07 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jerry
Posted 1/12/2009 7:21 PM (#76528 - in reply to #76527)
Subject: RE: Why do people do this stuff?

Very sick individuals. When they catch them it's not going to be pretty......and they WILL get caught!!!
baldeaglefisherman
Posted 1/12/2009 7:47 PM (#76530 - in reply to #76527)
Subject: Re: Why do people do this stuff?

who does that?
trim-it-up
Posted 1/12/2009 8:09 PM (#76532 - in reply to #76530)

I think they will get caught. I seen it on the news tonight and it looked like some broken off chunks from there sleds were left behind. I hope they give us there names when they do.
Rich S
Posted 1/12/2009 8:15 PM (#76533 - in reply to #76527)

That is horrible. Bunch of losers, I hope they get caught.
KHedquist
Posted 1/12/2009 8:20 PM (#76534 - in reply to #76533)

If they catch them and it is on the news over there post it
thumper
Posted 1/13/2009 8:05 AM (#76556 - in reply to #76527)

They won't get the punishment they deserve.
stick bait
Posted 1/13/2009 8:08 AM (#76557 - in reply to #76527)

reward money has gone up to $13,000 as of this morning-someone will talk!
Dale
Posted 1/13/2009 9:08 AM (#76566 - in reply to #76557)

I think with them shutting down a significant section of the trails is a step in the right direction. The club members will start doing some checking on their own and it might be not too long before they find the scum who did this.

I'm not a snowmobiler but I know many who are. These clubs work hard to keep their image up and scumbags like this tear it all down and make them all look bad in the public eye. If only we could make the punishment fit the crime.....
Shep
Posted 1/13/2009 9:10 AM (#76567 - in reply to #76557)

I hope they get caught. Not sure what the consequences could be, but it won't be severe enough. Hopefully the names will be released so their employers will know exactly what kind of scum works for them.
stacker
Posted 1/13/2009 9:17 AM (#76568 - in reply to #76567)

I would comment on this, but with 13k on the line, I have my ear to the ground to see if I can turn in my neighbor.

What a waste, I hope they print the names when they get caught.

RedNeckTech
Posted 1/13/2009 12:42 PM (#76581 - in reply to #76527)

Boy...when caught they will have to sit awhile behind bars. I can think of five laws they could apply simultaneously with severe sentences.
Skeeter
Posted 1/13/2009 5:32 PM (#76598 - in reply to #76527)

If they find them they should pick a 40 acre field. Put the persons in the center of the field and have 10 or so snowmobiles start buzzing them for a few hrs.
scottp
Posted 1/13/2009 6:00 PM (#76599 - in reply to #76527)

This incident has sparked severe outrage across the snowmobile community, snowmobilers from all over the midwest are donating to this reward fund. Snowmobile clubs work way to hard and spend way to much money on their trail systems to have a few a-holes wreck it for everybody. Not to mention these helpless deer trying to survive a hard winter only to have some mindless jackasses torturing them. Someway, somewhere, these idiots will get their just due!
KHedquist
Posted 1/13/2009 6:11 PM (#76600 - in reply to #76599)

I was hardcore sledder for years 40+ years, I was president of our our local club. All it takes is a few buttholes like this and it destroys it for the group, and unfortunately there are to many in the sledding world.

When I was president of our club I was the dumping ground for all problems, I was so soured by this and bad winters I dumped the whole sport last year.

Put in lotsa hours along with a couple of others in our club to put in trails then stuff like this happens, trails closed, sledders are their own worst enemy

B.JAY
Posted 1/13/2009 6:17 PM (#76601 - in reply to #76527)

THIS IS A BAD DEAL. WHEN THEY DO CATCH THESE BASTARDS I HOPE THEY LOSE THEIR HUNTING PRIVLAGES,THEIR SNOWMOBLIES, THEIR GUNS. IT'S BEEN SUCH A HARD WINTER TO BEGIN WITH AND THESE PEOPLE GOT TO GO OUT AND KILL THEM FOR THE FUN OF IT. I WOULDN'T DOUGHT THEY WERE DRUNK OR HOPPED UP ON METH. I JUST BELEIVE THAT NORMAL PEOPLE JUST DON'T DO THIS. WHAT CRIME AND WHAT A WASTE.
Viking
Posted 1/15/2009 2:39 PM (#76695 - in reply to #76601)

3 arrested in slaying deer with snowmobiles  

WAUPACA, Wis. - Three men have been arrested and accused of herding deer with their snowmobiles, then killing them by running over them with their machines.

Three Weyauwega men were booked into the Waupaca County Jail Wednesday. One of the men, 22-year-old Nicholas Hermes, is charged with five counts of mistreatment of animals causing death. He's expected to make an initial court appearance Thursday afternoon in Waupaca County Circuit Court. The two other men have not been formally charged.

Four deer were killed and another had to be euthanized after the incident believed to have happened Friday night in a field along a snowmobile trail south of Waupaca.

The crime outraged snowmobilers, hunters and others and a reward fund grew to more than $10,000.

Rich S
Posted 1/15/2009 2:50 PM (#76696 - in reply to #76527)

Blanket party time:) I am so happy they caught these guys. Hopefully they throw the book at them. One down, one to go.
Moo
Posted 1/15/2009 3:24 PM (#76699 - in reply to #76527)

I'm GLAD they caught this waste of Human Skin...........................................
thumper
Posted 1/16/2009 7:34 AM (#76716 - in reply to #76699)

Funny..I saw them on TV, and they look EXACTLY like I thought they would: Loser dirtbags.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(freakshows.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments freakshows.jpg (27KB - 67 downloads)
B.JAY
Posted 1/16/2009 6:09 PM (#76743 - in reply to #76527)

they look like some real winners. i'm so glad the law caught these scumbags. i hope this sends a message to others who might what to try and run down and torture deer. BECAUSE YOU WILL GET CAUGHT !!!!
walleye slyr
Posted 1/18/2009 2:32 PM (#76758 - in reply to #76743)

The guy that ran over the ducks turned himself in.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)