Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> Walleye Boats and Motors -> 115 opti need help???????

Message Subject: 115 opti need help???????
Terry
Posted 3/21/2009 8:04 PM (#79271)
Subject: 115 opti need help???????

I purchased a 2004 18ft proV with a 115opti. The motor has 26.8hrs on it .The who owed the boat prior to me purchased it new. The boat is like NEW .However, i took the boat out yesterday and the 9.9 ran GREAT. The 115 started at the ramp and ran in ideal . When i gave the motor gas it died and would not start. NEED HELP
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Big O
Posted 3/22/2009 1:27 AM (#79277 - in reply to #79271)
Subject: Re: 115 opti need help???????

First thing to check is the pump ball, is it pumped up hard? do you have a fuel cut off switch that may have been shut off when it was winterized? look under the hood, is the air intakes all open, mice are knowen for making nests where you would least expect it!! especialy being just after winter! Lastly if none of the above helped run it over to fort fremont marine, there staff is merc certified and will figure it out in no time flat and get you back on the water!!
Shep
Posted 3/23/2009 8:22 AM (#79294 - in reply to #79277)
Subject: Re: 115 opti need help???????

Check the safety switch. More than one seasoned boarter has experienced this. Got oil? Is the battery fully charged? I know, all simple stuff, but just perhaps?
Terry
Posted 3/27/2009 9:16 PM (#79531 - in reply to #79271)
Subject: RE: 115 opti need help???????

Thanks guys, the guys at the shop said the VSC pump needed replaced. Has something to do with feul delivery
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)