Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Lake Chippewa Flowage Fishing Report. Hayward, Wi.

Message Subject: Lake Chippewa Flowage Fishing Report. Hayward, Wi.
BigChipGuideService
Posted 6/24/2014 11:33 AM (#112004)
Subject: Lake Chippewa Flowage Fishing Report. Hayward, Wi.

New User

Guided for walleyes the past few days and the fishing has been phenomenal!
Fished with Cory and Dennis out of The Landing on Saturday for a half day trip 1-5pm. Under bluebird sky's and a slight north wind, we went to work fishing the sunken bog humps. First spot and the first fish, was a beautiful 27 incher. Hard to top that, but we tried. We fished several spots only picking up 1 or 2 fish per spot but they were all very nice fish. Caught a 25, 23, 2-22's and a 21. All released back into the wild. Ended up keeping 7 for that outing.

On Sunday I had another half day adventure with Scott and Gary that were staying at Meo's Golden View on Chief Lake. The weather seemed to be perfect for Walleye fishing with a nice south wind chop. At the first spot, Scott pulled in a healthy 23 incher to start it off and was released. Soon after that the lake laid down with no wind at all and it got hot! So much for a walleye chop. We worked the next 5 spot hard with not even a bite. In the distance we could see storm clouds building. As the front got closer, the south wind started up again along with the Walleyes. Just like turning on a light switch, the bite was fast and furious. Ended up with 7 eaters under 20" in the box.

Slip bobbers, jigs and leeches did the trick for us. You better have plenty on hand when you head out on the lake. The last thing you want to do is run to the bait shop, when the fish are biting.

Give me a call or email me if you interested in a booking a trip. Visit my website to see more current fish pics.

Tight lines! TC

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(stringer.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments stringer.jpg (104KB - 99 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)