Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Night Time. Cooler temps/Fewer people.

Message Subject: Night Time. Cooler temps/Fewer people.
walleye express
Posted 6/28/2014 7:49 AM (#112018)
Subject: Night Time. Cooler temps/Fewer people.

Put all the pressure on my Son last night. Told him I'd set all the lines but he'd have to keel haul any fish. I wanted to run the 3rd ledge off the Saginaw River channel, between 6 and 8 FOW. This ledge is the narrowest one and any wrong, prolonged or un-noticed turn or deviation towards shore and it gets bad fast. My son Brian was already nervous about making any mistakes in my new boat, so being the most famiiar with the river I accepted the driving chores. He was surprised when I told him I don't hardly ever use a net any more, unless the walleye is net worthy, so just swing them in if their not to big. The action started almost immediately just before dark. Tuity Fruity and Pink Flamingo Tots were hot, as we first keel hauled a small 17 incher and added another close behind it. Then had a double right at dark.

Brian started out like a pro, but when he swung one 23 incher in like a perch, I wondered about his understanding of small ones. But the lesson was learned after he banged a good fish into the back of the motor and it fell back in. We then moved to do some isolated, single rod pump trolling. That's where I shined and caught a couple myself. All in all we went 9 for 10. Launched at 9:00pm and back home by 12:30am. I took a lot more pictures even a couple of all the fish in the cooler. But dumb azz me, had the flash on my cell phone turned off. You can see the sprung/released inside planer board of the second walleye dragging in the water in the picture below. It struck as I was taking a picture of Brians first.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Brian.jpg)

(Brian1.jpg)

(Brian5.jpg)

(Brian4.jpg)

(Brian3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Brian.jpg (73KB - 80 downloads)
Attachments Brian1.jpg (64KB - 71 downloads)
Attachments Brian5.jpg (53KB - 71 downloads)
Attachments Brian4.jpg (52KB - 78 downloads)
Attachments Brian3.jpg (39KB - 67 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)