Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Lowrance Elite-5 HDI Combo Which Map to get

Message Subject: Lowrance Elite-5 HDI Combo Which Map to get
Purple Skeeter
Posted 3/8/2015 3:11 PM (#112922)
Subject: Lowrance Elite-5 HDI Combo Which Map to get

I'm upgrading the electronics on my 18 foot Sylvan I keep on my boat lift with a new Elite-5 HDI Combo.  Can anyone tell me which map to get and does it have detailed 1 foot increments on Bago, Butte des Morts, Poygan and Winneconnie?

Thanks.... Dominc

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Purple Skeeter
Posted 3/12/2015 5:18 PM (#112927 - in reply to #112922)
Subject: Re: Lowrance Elite-5 HDI Combo Which Map to get

Compared the new Navionics Chip to my older Lakemaster HD Chip in my older Lowrance 520C side by side. Comparable hi def detail with a few exceptions. Lakemaster shows smaller detail on reefs in the Bay of Green Bay.

The scale on the New Elite 5 is shown in the lower right corner. On the older Lowrance products, the scale is measured across the face of the unit. On the new Elite 5, it is measured with the scale as if you are using Google. You have to use the measurement tool if you want to know the exact distance from point to point. I like the old way, but I'll get used to the new unit.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)