Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Winnebago Sauger and Walleye

Message Subject: Winnebago Sauger and Walleye
680 American Dream
Posted 6/11/2015 6:16 PM (#113275)
Subject: Winnebago Sauger and Walleye

Was out on Bago helping a buddy pre fish for the Merc Nationals this weekend. What a awsome fishery we are blessed to have!!! After catching my limit of some good eater eyes I ended up catching my 1st and 2nd Sauger I have ever caught. I didn't keep them btw... My question is could I have kept them even though I had a limit of eyes already??? Or is it just a 5 fish limit of the 2 species combined to for a 5 fish possession?

Edited by 680 American Dream 6/11/2015 6:18 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sworrall
Posted 6/12/2015 9:25 AM (#113277 - in reply to #113275)
Subject: Re: Winnebago Sauger and Walleye

Combined, and I think it's a good idea to release Saugers right now to keep the population increasing, it was in bad shape for a while.
Shep
Posted 6/12/2015 10:40 AM (#113278 - in reply to #113277)

I haven't read the regs lately, but there was a one sauger limit that was part of the daily walleye limit of 5.

Several years ago, there was a study that said natural recruitment of saugers in Bago was nonexistent, and the population was declining, and was basically doomed. Not sure if that has changed any in the recent years.

I'm expecting some big baskets this weekend. Good luck to all WFers fishing the Merc!
680 American Dream
Posted 6/12/2015 12:07 PM (#113279 - in reply to #113275)

Thank you for the reply fellas! The 2 I caught were nice healthy fish and were about 16"ea. I don't know if this is common or not but they sure seemed to fight a little harder than a walleye... Good luck to the folks fishing the Merc as well!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)