Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Installing a Blue Sea Systems dual battery switch

Message Subject: Installing a Blue Sea Systems dual battery switch
Purple Skeeter
Posted 6/17/2015 10:03 PM (#113302)
Subject: Installing a Blue Sea Systems dual battery switch

I have 4 batteries in my boat, 3 for my trolling motor and 1 for the main battery. Has anyone ever installed the Blue Sea Systems dual battery switch with the newly designed dual charging system. According to the web site, you are able to charge both batteries directly from you alternator on your motor.

I have a jumper system between all my batteries with quick disconnects from Cabelas. I've used these on all my boats which allows you to use any battery to jump another battery in a second. What I really want on my new boat is a separate battery that is not hooked up to anything that will charge and be an emergency backup. I'd like to be able to switch to this emergency battery in case I run my main battery down.

I'm using my electric motor more every day to troll and then I run the livewell and 2 locators the entire time I'm trolling with the electric motor. In theory, I should be able to use one of my 3 deep cycle trolling motor batteries to jump the main battery, but I'm have now got into the habit of running my electric trolling motor until it dies leaving me without a backup.

It's only a problem if I'm on the water longer than 10 hours.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
sworrall
Posted 6/18/2015 9:46 PM (#113304 - in reply to #113302)
Subject: RE: Installing a Blue Sea Systems dual battery switch

Should work fine. I did a similar deal on ym small boat due to all the stuff I have running on the start battery.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)