Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> The Sale of Cabela's

Message Subject: The Sale of Cabela's
walleye express
Posted 4/26/2016 10:34 AM (#114828)
Subject: The Sale of Cabela's

I've been wondering about the scuttlebutt that Cabela's is for sale. http://sportingclassicsdaily.com/bass-pro-purchase/

I'm kind of a Cabela's fan. I like and use with success many of their Custom Cabela lures they sell. I'm sure most are manufactured out of country, but the quality, price and success of many of them, again, keeps me happy. I also prefer Cabela's internet on line store and service when called for help, ordering or advice. BP has been steadily failing in that regard as they have become even bigger IMHO. Then there's the NWT, which I believe Cabela's sponsors, which could also be gone if this sale issue is true. Anybody got any insider info on this?

Edited by walleye express 4/26/2016 10:38 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sworrall
Posted 4/27/2016 7:42 AM (#114832 - in reply to #114828)
Subject: Re: The Sale of Cabela's

Don't worry about the NWT, Bass Pro owns Ranger, and Ranger owns the NWT.
walleye express
Posted 4/27/2016 11:55 AM (#114835 - in reply to #114832)

Thank's Steve. I hope somebody with the same business character sense (other then BP itself) buys Cabela's if it has to be sold.

Edited by walleye express 4/27/2016 11:57 AM
GNWC Rookie
Posted 4/27/2016 2:09 PM (#114837 - in reply to #114828)

I don't have any insight, but I too am hoping it's anybody but BP that buys them. Competition is a good thing, and Cabelas is the only real competition BP has. I can't even stomach to walk into my local Gander any more, and don't have a BP within a few hours.
walleye express
Posted 4/28/2016 10:00 AM (#114838 - in reply to #114837)

GNWC Rookie - 4/27/2016 3:09 PM

I don't have any insight, but I too am hoping it's anybody but BP that buys them. Competition is a good thing, and Cabelas is the only real competition BP has. I can't even stomach to walk into my local Gander any more, and don't have a BP within a few hours.

It's been my experience that Gander simply has a store cataloging and employee assignment problem. They need to put people at least casually familiar with the products they sell in those departments. And the products in the right departments. I've found stuff for fishing in the hunting departments and vis-versa in our local Gander. They do sell shiners conveniently near the checkout, but took me and an employee 20 minutes to find a jigging Rapala between the shotgun shells and duck decoys..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)