Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Rubber Baby Boatie Bumpers.

Message Subject: Rubber Baby Boatie Bumpers.
walleye express
Posted 9/7/2016 11:11 AM (#115086)
Subject: Rubber Baby Boatie Bumpers.

I started to notice some deep scratches from the landing net on my new Gator on it's flattened top gunnel area, with some smaller scratches from rods and such. These rails are cosmetically nice and look good with the scheme of the boat, but inadequately protected from such abuse and wear. Especially the abuse they take from aluminum nets by/when netting those large salmon on the rivers I fish during the fall. And using this rub rail area for lifting/netting leverage accelerates the damage. Luckily, a big part of my OCD when it comes to my boats and why (I believe) I get a higher re-sale value for them when they get re-sold, is not only from timely maintenance habits but prompt cleaning after every use and some good/tactful, cosmetic modification to protect the boats outer skin if need be. Below is a progress pictorial of my efforts this morning to one side of the boat, before it got to hot in the garage. Tomorrow the other side gets done. Any questions feel free to ask. Sorry for the mixed up-side-down pictures. I tried everything, this sites picture processors seems to do that.

Edited by walleye express 9/7/2016 11:20 AM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(IMG_0957.jpg)

(IMG_0959.jpg)

(IMG_0962.jpg)

(IMG_0963.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0957.jpg (31KB - 128 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0959.jpg (65KB - 120 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0962.jpg (44KB - 133 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0963.jpg (37KB - 130 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sworrall
Posted 9/14/2016 10:35 AM (#115092 - in reply to #115086)
Subject: Re: Rubber Baby Boatie Bumpers.

That's cool rub rail material. What is it?

You probably used a cell phone to shoot the images, and they were shot up-side-down. Almost any picture processing program will allow you to rotate them when resizing. I'll fix 'em!
walleye express
Posted 9/16/2016 10:34 AM (#115094 - in reply to #115092)
Subject: Re: Rubber Baby Boatie Bumpers.

Well thanks for the picture help Steve. It was almost impossible to find rub rail widths 3 inches wide that would fit perfectly the top/flat railing of this boat. But they make Dock rub rails that do. So I ordered those and used tin snips to cut what lengths I needed from each of the two 16' rolled strips I ordered. The 3m double sided tape is also hard to find in wide widths. I found some 2 inch wide and it worked perfect for holding it down so far. I did also use stainless steel screws at each end of each strip, to make sure nothing let go and blew off on long trips on the road going 70 MPH. The whole deal cost about $150.00. But adds both cosmetic and useful value to the boat I think.

Edited by walleye express 9/16/2016 10:44 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)