Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Destinations and Fishing Reports -> Tuffy Boats -> Carpet removal

Message Subject: Carpet removal
lpeitso
Posted 7/12/2010 1:35 PM (#92810)
Subject: Carpet removal

Does anyone know an easy way to remove the carpet from the wood on a 93 Tuffy? I am going to have to replace the floor in my 93 Tuffy 180c, and it was difficult to remove the carpeting in the area that had gone soft, and rotted. I am just wondering, for once I start to try to remove it on the rest of the flooring, deck, and rod lockers. This will probably be a winter/spring project. Also does anyone know of someplace near the Twin Cities, that might be able to repaint it? Just in case I decide to do that.

Thanks,

Lance
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sworrall
Posted 7/20/2010 8:44 AM (#92961 - in reply to #92810)
Subject: Re: Carpet removal

There is no easy way to remove carpeting other than to just peel it out best as you can. A fiberglass boat can be painted, but it has to be by a shop that knows the prep process and which two part paint to use.
KHedquist
Posted 7/20/2010 11:04 AM (#92965 - in reply to #92810)
Subject: RE: Carpet removal

Paint the floor or the hull?
lpeitso
Posted 7/21/2010 9:03 AM (#92970 - in reply to #92810)

I was thinking of having the outside of the boat cleaned up. It was originally a guide's boat up on Leech. It has Thorne Brother's and Musky Fever written on the side. It also has some dock rub, and someone left a paddleboat next to it at a resort that I had to just beach it, instead of tying it to a dock. The metal pontoon put a small series of scratches along an area when waves were coming in. I can't afford a new Tuffy, so I was just thinking of trying to get it as nice as possible going forward.

Lance
KHedquist
Posted 7/21/2010 8:21 PM (#92982 - in reply to #92970)

There is a place in the west metro that does this, they where at the NW Sportshow, if I can find the info I will pass it on

http://www.shipwreckboats.com/

Edited by KHedquist 7/21/2010 8:24 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)