Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Susquehanna River

Message Subject: Susquehanna River
baldeaglefisherman
Posted 12/2/2008 6:00 PM (#75336)
Subject: Susquehanna River

How many of you guys fish for eyes on the Susquehanna River in PA and what types of baits do you use for them because it seems most of the baits i here people talk about wouldnt really work for me because the water is kinda of shallow and i dont know if you can really troll were i live plus i spend a lot of casting from shore so any help would be greatly appreciated

Top of the page Bottom of the page
iceman35
Posted 12/3/2008 6:05 AM (#75359 - in reply to #75336)
Subject: Re: Susquehanna River

I fished for years in the upper susq. near cooperstown and oneonta ny... good supply of walleyes... If your fishing from shore your limited, look for current breaks and slack water... I keep a few husky jerks in my box, (silver blue) plus a generous amout of 1/8-3/8 oz. jigheads... load up on basic stuff, fuzzygrub bodys twister tails and stuff... Don't forget the basic smoke colored grub, if the water is clear, thats my goto bait... (zoom fat albert) a few chart. crankbaits won't hurt either... throw in one last thing... some small gulp minnows to sweeten the jigs if needed... hope this helps... seen some huge walleyes caught in next to nothing water on that river...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)