Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> Walleye Tackle and Equipment -> Jigging Rods?

Message Subject: Jigging Rods?
miket620
Posted 4/2/2009 8:50 PM (#79834)
Subject: Jigging Rods?

What rods and/or price point give you the best bang for the buck? Is a $100 rod twice as good/sensitive as a $50? A $200 rod twice as good as a $100? What about manufactures? I was looking at St Croix, I like the Made in USA! Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Top of the page Bottom of the page
B.JAY
Posted 4/2/2009 9:24 PM (#79837 - in reply to #79834)
Subject: RE: Jigging Rods?

THERE'S ALL KINDS OF DIFFERENT RODS OUT THERE THAT ARE GOOD BANG FOR THE BUCK. A GOOD EXAMPLE IS THE SHIMANO COMPRE. $99.00'S THIS IS A GREAT ROD FOR THE PRICE. IF YOU WANT A BETTER AND MORE SENSITIVE ROD AND YOU LIKE TO JIG THEN MAYBE A G LOOMIS FOR AROUND $225.00 IMX
ANOTHER ROD THATS REAL CLOSE TO THE G LOOMIS IS THE ST.CROIX IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT AND WHAT STYLE OF FISHING YOU DO. YOU CAN GET ONE ROD THAT WILL WORK ON TWO OR THREE DIFFERENT STYLES. LIKE TROLLING SMALL CRANKS, JIGGING, LIVE BAIT RIGS. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR BUT SOME TIMES WITH FISHING RODS YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPEND THE BIG BUCKS TO HAVE A NICE ROD. HOPE THIS HELPS.
STINGER(WI)
Posted 4/5/2009 7:45 PM (#79909 - in reply to #79834)
Subject: RE: Jigging Rods?

Mike,

In my opionion your jigging rod is the only rod that you should spend the most amount of money on. This rod demands the most sensitivity which means the most graphite. With that being said it is very wise to spend the money on quality. Do your research, go feel the rod and talk to people about tip speed, back bone and amount of graphite. St. Croix makes outstanding jigging rods. I use the Legend Elites, they run about 315.00 each but are worth their weight in gold. G-loomis and Fenwick also make great rods.

I wish you luck in your purchase. Have fun and enjoy your purchase!

Stinger
iceman35
Posted 4/9/2009 5:58 AM (#79985 - in reply to #79834)
Subject: Re: Jigging Rods?

I'll agree with stinger, a jigging rod will need more expense... I tend to use lower cost glass rods for casting and reeling... for jigging I use some more pricey stuff...
we just had a length chat about this at our last fishing birthday party... alot of guys are using bass pro/ cabela brands with great sucess... they snoop around the stores bugging the staff and get them to find some dusty old rod in the back... whatever fits your budget get it...
I'll throw this rod at you to see if it sticks... team daiwa "S" model 6-3 finesse spinning rod... very light and sensitive, 6-3 size is handy for jigging and it goes around $100... sometimes on ebay cheaper... hope it helps...
FYI Rods are way expensive now...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)