Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Destinations and Fishing Reports -> Tuffy Boats -> off for the holiday weekend...

Message Subject: off for the holiday weekend...
iceman35
Posted 7/2/2009 6:30 AM (#82901)
Subject: off for the holiday weekend...

After work tommorrow we are off to the thousand Islands for 2 days of Tuffy time... this is the place in my mind when I bought this boat... Gonna fish deep and try and catch everything I can...
got a few beers in me last weekend and we took the rear deck out... it was a snap! we like the room... got 4 ugly holes now with tape on them, any sort of plug for these?
I CAN'T WAIT! EVERYBODY HAVE A GREAT 4TH!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Why Knot
Posted 7/2/2009 8:40 AM (#82906 - in reply to #82901)
Subject: RE: off for the holiday weekend...

Iceman....Call Laurie at Fiberdome 800-359-4416 and she will send you the black plugs for the bolt holes.
Posted 7/6/2009 6:02 AM (#83000 - in reply to #82901)

will call about the plugs...
got home last night... "boat" ran great and the weather was bad!
still caught some fish, smallmouth and tons of perch... Sunday morning the motor started sputtering, missing a little bit... really bothered me... kinda came and went... were were a long ways off so I came back near the ramp... kinda screwed up my day... I've had alot of motor problems over the last few years so anytime I hear something funny, I get sick! still got us back though... no buzzers or anything... sounded like it was running outa gas(full) or the plugs were loading up... fuel filter? I'm new to this merc stuff...
gonna try and get it to a dealer this week...
the tuffy really went through the big waves nice... winds helped throw the spray around but never got a wave over the front...
my X-15 hooked to the US2 on the minn kota really picked up stuff deep... could call my shots on the sonar...
St lawerence river is amazing...
KHedquist
Posted 7/6/2009 6:44 AM (#83002 - in reply to #83000)
Subject: Re: off for the holiday weekend...

Are you running Mercs fuel additive cant think of the name but similar to ring free? Should do it every tank or add the correct amount evertime you add gas
Posted 7/6/2009 5:31 PM (#83039 - in reply to #82901)

thanks MR eyes... I'll look into it... everytime I fill up, I look at that 10% sticker and cringe... The banshee said it sounded like a snowmobile loading up... she said take it out and floor it... maybe clean it out, but I was way off in canada so a long tow was not an option...
tommorrow I'm gonna pull off the hood and see the plugs... can get to a close dealer for plugs and any additives... Since it got me back 15 miles and still starts and runs OK, it seems to me to be a fuel/plug problem... Again no buzzers or warning deals...
thanks for the input...
again, I'm staring at a computer with motor problems...
TJ DeVoe
Posted 7/6/2009 5:47 PM (#83041 - in reply to #83039)

Are you sure it's not just how the Opti is suppose to sound? How familiar are you with the Optimax prior to this motor? To me, from what you say about the sputtering, that sounds typical for an Opti.

Is water peeing out the hole?
KHedquist
Posted 7/6/2009 7:05 PM (#83043 - in reply to #82901)

Could just be a fuel issue, run Merc Quickleen per the instructions, with the poor quality of gas out there and ethonal you never know, all the Merc engine forums say it is must, even my 9.9 kicker idles awsome using Quickleen
Posted 7/7/2009 5:49 AM (#83058 - in reply to #82901)

it was definitly missing TJ, was making the boat porpose when on plane...
thanks for the additive eyes, I'll buy it in bulk...
water was peeing out the hole...
I'm pretty sure its the gas or the plugs are carbed up...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)