Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Has buiseness's swung to far the other way?

Message Subject: Has buiseness's swung to far the other way?
KHedquist
Posted 6/8/2010 6:09 AM (#91798)
Subject: Has buiseness's swung to far the other way?

I have noticed lately with companies from fishing tackle, sporting good stores to one of the largest HVAC companies in the world (I work for them) that they are keeping products they make to bare minumum, might be biting em in the but.

I am running into more situations where they are of stock and back ordered, sometimes pushing me to a competitors product. Also the moving manufacturing overseas, and or distrubution to Mexico causing delays and poor quality control. I understand that they are trying to increase their margins, but will there come a point when this will backfire and sales slip away?

I watched a show on TV about a clothing manufacture in California that is producing products in the good old USA and sales are thru the roof!

There is a sitation that I dealt with at work, a parts supplier moved production to Mexico and did not build enough of a critical part for a piece of equiptment (and we sell allot) and it was out of stock for 3 months.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
fish-n-hunt
Posted 6/8/2010 6:23 AM (#91799 - in reply to #91798)
Subject: Re: Has buiseness's swung to far the other way?

A few years ago i was at a compressor seminar in georgia and I found out there that carrier was having issues with unloader bellows on large compressors. Carrier wont admit to it but what is happening is they are being made in mexico now and instead of brazing them together like in the past they are now being EPOXIED in mexico. Needless to say they are not holding up.
bradley894
Posted 6/8/2010 1:55 PM (#91829 - in reply to #91798)
Subject: RE: Has buiseness's swung to far the other way?

when are people going to figure it out! companies , stockholders , and the rich folks who have interest in these companies have been thining things out for the last couple years now. This is happening because tax cuts on 401k,s IRA's including capital gains tax and income taxes even the death tax is going to expire january first. poeple with money and the folks at the top with REAL money are looking to cash out by january first to take there tax hit will its for example at 15% rathere than 39% come jan 1st. This means companies are looking to cash in this year and take what ever profits they can out before the first. they are planning on showing zero to very little interest in making money for the next couple years hopeing the tax laws go down again. but for now our current administration has no interest in extending the bush tax cut. dont get me wrong to me in a lot of ways bush was a major sell out ! but the reason there is any movement in our economy now is because companys and investors are trying to make it wile they can. in my opion my freinds here at walleyesfirst better take a day off of fishing and if they have any money tucked away seriously look at the next 6 months , October is too late! we are talking double dip here. hey what do i know but when the people in this country with the real money are keeping inventory tight to cash out and maximize profits the way they are and taking a good look at our shaky economy combined with the tax increase comming in january it doesnt take a rocket machanic to figure out shi# is going to hit the fan. example .. your IRA if not a roth will be taxed at 15% i believe in december if you take out money. If you do it in january it will be i think 29% do you understand how many milliions are going to cash in? retired will at least draw out living expenses for the next couple years to avoid tax. forget no growth for the next couple years. we are talking major crash time. take a rain day and do some homework. this is not a drill!~ there is a reason a good us company is putting up with costly crappy product for now.
bradley894
Posted 6/8/2010 2:07 PM (#91830 - in reply to #91798)

Need another hint! why are gas prices down? ?????? thinking? fule prices are dictated by the furures market! get it .. folks that gamble on next years demand. get it.... next years demand these gamblers are thinking will be junk! Why you ask ? BECAUSE YOU WONT HAVE A JOB! NO JOB . No drive to work. No Money to spend at wallmart. there banking on our economy going to shi%! with the rest of the world. why ? because buisness is estimating losses and no work and no investment. the population with a savings account will see it shrink day after day and tighten up even more..... our state is two Billion over budget now! Wake up !!!! do you smell what we are standing in?
terroreyes
Posted 6/8/2010 5:24 PM (#91857 - in reply to #91830)

bradley894 - 6/8/2010 3:07 PM

Need another hint! why are gas prices down? ?????? thinking? fule prices are dictated by the furures market! get it .. folks that gamble on next years demand. get it.... next years demand these gamblers are thinking will be junk! Why you ask ? BECAUSE YOU WONT HAVE A JOB! NO JOB . No drive to work. No Money to spend at wallmart. there banking on our economy going to shi%! with the rest of the world. why ? because buisness is estimating losses and no work and no investment. the population with a savings account will see it shrink day after day and tighten up even more..... our state is two Billion over budget now! Wake up !!!! do you smell what we are standing in?

Oil and gas futures are traded on monthly contracts. And they still seem to be up to me. Doubled since the bottom under W.
terroreyes
Posted 6/8/2010 5:28 PM (#91858 - in reply to #91798)

Just ask the Big 3 what it did to them in the 80's! And ask Toyota what it did to them this last year. Cheap and cutting corners, when it comes to "durable goods", will ALWAYS bite you in the arse if you let it get out of control!
Mark Komo
Posted 6/8/2010 5:55 PM (#91859 - in reply to #91798)
Subject: Re: Has buiseness's swung to far the other way?

Anytime I drive by the home depot or lowes, they are PACKED! Money is getting spent, but maybe not with the same velocity in the past. And certainly things like big ticket items are still kinda slow. Look at the used boat market. They seem to be moving really well vs the sales of like new boats.
bradley894
Posted 6/11/2010 6:40 PM (#91991 - in reply to #91857)

no stockpiles. sell it fast and sell it now. on the oil means there not expecting demand to increase no mater if they cut back production.
i think HD just anounced that they would have no problem building american motorcycles over seas. hey if merc can do it.... ;(
the question was why are these companies knowingly substituting crapy product to save a little money? make a great product and put a small hand full of parts on the thing built by a crappy vender? that kind of thing.
i have no clue. other that a quick buck? hmmm? cow many employees must a company have before it is mandated to cover there imployees with health insurance? health insurance for the life partner, kids of life partner, kids till they are 25 years old? by federal law? hmmm wonder why they move out of the country?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)