Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Loss of a great fisherman.

Message Subject: Loss of a great fisherman.
STINGER(WI)
Posted 6/13/2010 11:55 AM (#92027)
Subject: Loss of a great fisherman.

Hey all,

I just got back in town and was informed that a very good friend of mine lost his battle with cancer June 10th. Jonathan Rhodes will be greatly missed in the fishing world. I first met Jonathan in the late 90's, I drew him for an event on Bago. We didn't have a great first day, he gad a "spot" on the Fox River. After fishing it for two hours without a bite we pulled out and beached his Lund big time in the sand. We were stuck there for an hour and a half,I was doing everything I could to get his rig free. We didn't weigh a fish that day and I was bummed, he was so sorry he offered to pay me my entry fee and I said no and that @#^% happens.

I drew him again for the Green Bay event and thought oh oh. lol We had some battery issues and had to go to the store for a new battery. : ( We cught fish that day on a couple of spots I knew. After that day he said Stinger.... I really need to learn walleye fishing more before I make you go broke. I started cracking up with laughter. We became great friends after that day and I was excited to see him progress through the years. Jonathan accepted every challenge ever dealt to him and never quit.

The last thing I will remember telling him was "Jonathan, anyone can learn to fish but having the ability to face all fears head on is a true blessing." I will truely miss him and hope he is catching ten pounders up in heaven.

FishOn Jonathan!!!

Craig
aka Stinger
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dave_GB
Posted 6/14/2010 8:28 AM (#92042 - in reply to #92027)
Subject: RE: Loss of a great fisherman.

I'm sorry to hear this and will miss a good friend and competitor.

My condolences to Jonathans family.

I met Jonathan as a AM at the Winnebago FLWL event in 2005. Jonathan was pacing in back of the stage first day smoking one cig after another. I walked up to him, we were the only two people behind the stage, and had a conversation. Turns out he ended up winning the event.

It was always nice to talk to him at all the events we met as competitors. I will dearly miss talking to Jonathan.

David Palecek
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)