Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Michigan DNR Fishing Guides Revamped.

Message Subject: Michigan DNR Fishing Guides Revamped.
walleye express
Posted 3/27/2006 1:19 PM (#41516)
Subject: Michigan DNR Fishing Guides Revamped.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 27, 2006

Contacts: Christian LeSage 517-373-1280 or Mary Dettloff 517-335-3014

Fishing Guides Available at All License Dealers
In an effort to reduce costs to the Game and Fish Fund, which pays for fishing programs in Michigan, the Department of Natural Resources is publishing a two-year Fishing Guide and Inland Trout & Salmon Guide. The regulations contained in these guides will be in effect for two complete fishing seasons - April 1, 2006 through March 31, 2008. Although all fishing regulations will be in effect for two seasons, anglers still need to purchase a fishing license for each year.

The DNR is asking anglers to keep their fishing guides for use in both the 2006-2007 and 2007-2008 fishing seasons. Anglers who misplace their guides or who need additional copies can access a printer-friendly version on the DNR Web site at http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10364-137191--,00.html .

Although 2006 fishing licenses have been on sale since March 1, fishing regulations for 2005 are still in effect through March 31. On April 1, the new regulations will become effective until March 31, 2008.

Major regulation changes for the upcoming fishing season are listed on page 3 of the 2006-2008 Michigan Fishing Guide; however, other regulation changes exist throughout the guide, so anglers are advised to review each page prior to going fishing. New regulations appear in red throughout the Michigan Fishing Guide. The Michigan Inland Trout & Salmon Guide does not indicate regulation changes in this manner.

The DNR is committed to the conservation, protection, management, use and enjoyment of the state's natural resources for current and future generations.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JAKE
Posted 3/28/2006 4:08 AM (#41538 - in reply to #41516)
Subject: RE: Michigan DNR Fishing Guides Revamped.

i thought that was kind of strange to put out a 2 year booklet. i always get 2, 1 for home, 1 for the boat and the boat one goes in a pocket in my electronics bag. i don't see a problem making it last 2 years but, i know a lot of guys wont make it a month before it's gone.
the dnr may have some enforcment problems the second year when they make a rule change (never saw a year without one) and they try to ticket somebody in the second year and all he has is the book from the first year. they can't assume that everybody has internet access to keep up with obscure changes.
walleye express
Posted 3/28/2006 7:32 AM (#41544 - in reply to #41538)
Subject: RE: Michigan DNR Fishing Guides Revamped.

JAKE - 3/28/2006 5:08 AM

i thought that was kind of strange to put out a 2 year booklet. i always get 2, 1 for home, 1 for the boat and the boat one goes in a pocket in my electronics bag. i don't see a problem making it last 2 years but, i know a lot of guys wont make it a month before it's gone.
the dnr may have some enforcment problems the second year when they make a rule change (never saw a year without one) and they try to ticket somebody in the second year and all he has is the book from the first year. they can't assume that everybody has internet access to keep up with obscure changes.

I agree Jake. I think the paperback books they make and hand out are a real waste of both money and resources. I remember selling licenses when I owned my baitshop. About 1/4 of the people would even grab a rule book when purchasing their licenses. I threw away hundreds at the end of the year. Found many more in my parking lot and at the river edge.

I think they should make a small hard cover master. Make it a one time (you pay for it) deal, with whatever specific year you buy the license for. Then simply pass out (cheap to make) flyers that contain any specific new rule/law changes (that you keep in this book) for references to any of the fallowing years.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)