Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Radiothon!!

Message Subject: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Radiothon!!
JLDII
Posted 4/17/2006 11:12 PM (#42479)
Subject: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Radiothon!!

It's time for the 12th anniversary Bob & Brian 28-hour radiothon on 102.9 The Hog. Bob & Brian will "Rock For A Cure" during the radiothon to raise funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) to help find a cure for leukemia and other blood cancers. We need your help! The radiothon will be held April 20-21, 2006.

The station website is: http://www.1029thehog.com/ They are the largest and most popular station in SE WI...the Bob & Brian show is 6-10am and is broadcast out of 3 other stations in Madison, Fox Cities, and Stevens Point/Wausau as well.

The actual radiothon is April 20-21 and starts at 6am each day. Thursday ends at 11pm and Friday at 5pm.
There are auction items live and on air typically with 1 hour bidding windows.
There are also items on the website to bid on-line.

I have donated a full day guided fishing trip for 2 people on Mille Lacs with a weeknight stay at Hunters Point Resort.

The FLW is donating a paid co-angler spot in their Green Bay Tour Event.

Julia Davis-LaCourse (Juls) is donating a full day of fishing for 2 people.

Ken & Kevin Lee, owners of Sallmar Resort on Bay de Noc, MI are donating a stay at their resort with a guided fishing trip included.

Pat Cavins (RangerPat) a veteran FLW Touring Pro is donating a fishing trip as well.

These are just the fishing related items I've highlighted. There are also some tickets for all the Packer home games this season and many other things.

For more details, or to view a complete listing of all the auction items, go to: http://www.bobandbrian.com/radiothon2006auctionitems.asp

I hope everyone will take the time to either bid, or donate to this very worthy cause.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Juls_OH
Posted 4/18/2006 5:51 AM (#42481 - in reply to #42479)
Subject: RE: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Radiothon!!

I had to email them to change the wording on their website. They have my donation listed as a "guided" day of fishing. I am not a lic. guide, so I don't want that causing me any trouble...especially on Green Bay!

Just to be clear...I am offering a day of prefishing with me at the Green Bay event in July...NOT a guided trip! There's a BIG difference.

Juls

rangerpat
Posted 4/18/2006 3:23 PM (#42527 - in reply to #42479)

This will be a great auction. I'll be the booby prize.
Here are the Radio Stations numbers for the outlying stations airing the Radiothon.
They will be airing it from 6:00am to 10:00am Thursday and Friday. In Northeast WI.(96.9 FM The Fox)
Madison, WI. area (100.5 FM Fox Sports)
Wausau-Stevens Point, WI. area (104.9 FM Solid Rock)
Thanks to all that take the time to bid on any of the items in the Auction.
Leukemia & Lymphoma is the number ONE cause of death of people under 30 years of age. I can only pray that no-one I know ever needs their services.

The proceeds are used for everything from providing rides for patients to and from treatment, to doing groundbreaking research.
Good Luck & God Bless, Pat
Shep
Posted 4/18/2006 3:31 PM (#42529 - in reply to #42527)

A good thing you guys, and gal, are doing. I remember last year, I woke up with a start when I heard Jack being interviewed on MY radio station! What the hey! hehehe

If you guys ever get to meet Bob and Brian, they are a hoot. I am so glad I get to listen to them up here, too.
GWH
Posted 4/19/2006 6:18 PM (#42616 - in reply to #42479)

If you only knew Shep...... I have a few stories for ya.....

Nice thing your doing there Juls, I heard some guy from Shawano is going to break open his piggy bank so he can fish with you.

Hope it go`s well, good luck
Juls_OH
Posted 4/19/2006 6:21 PM (#42617 - in reply to #42616)

Awesome! I hope he's the highest bidder then...;)

Let me know if it is him that gets it when the auction is all over.

Juls
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)